𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

Haeun briskly followed behind the prince as he exited the castle. She had absolutely no clue as to where they were going or why she had to tag along but the girl did not complain since she saw this as an opportunity to improve her communication with the secluded prince.

"So...where are we going?" Haeun questioned, comfortably seating herself in the corner of the carriage, awaiting for Beomgyu to reply.

The sickening silence was the only response she received and it clearly did set her off but she couldn't give up so soon. Every interaction she had with him, the girl would always keep an eye on his neck in case she spotted him wearing the pendant. To say the least, there were times he'd wear it and times when he wouldn't. At some point in time she was very tempted to write a letter, asking the client if just killing him on spot and taking the pendant would work but she kept pushing the thought away. She didn't really understand why she couldn't just kill him and take it. She didn't understand why she had to befriend him, to make him trust her, just for her to have to kill him.

All throughout the bumpy carriage ride, Haeun was fascinated by everything she saw in the kingdom of Nethilor. It was very different from Midver so every small detail amazed her. She'd gasp at the huge buildings they'd pass by, the bustling people that crowded the streets and just simply how peaceful the kingdom looked. Though she was stuck in a carriage with a prick, the girl didn't let that take away the fun of the trip, though she still was clueless where they were going.

"May I ask again...where are we going?" She breathed out slowly as her eyes flickered over the edge of the steep mountain they were circling around.

"If you don't shut that pretty little mouth of yours, I'll drag you out of this carriage and shove you off of this goddamn mountain, darling."

Haeun was slightly taken aback by his answer. Surprisingly, she was elated. She was happy that his responses were getting more interesting and bountiful of words. This was improvement to her.

"That doesn't sound half bad right now." The girl smiled dully, drilling her lifeless eyes into Beomgyu who just looked at her with a disgusted expression on his face.

"Shut up or I'll do it."

-

After what had seemed like an entire year, they finally made it to the summit of the mountain which seemed to be the location of a mine. A crystal mine? Why is he visiting here-??

Oblivious to what exactly was going on around her, the girl simply followed behind the Prince's daunting figure as he walked with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He was focused on the entrance of the mine in front of him which was scarcely filled with tall brooding men who looked very tired. They silently gazed at the prince as he passed them by but he payed no attention to them.

"Is Sunghyon here?" The looming male asked a miner who politely gave him directions to where this person was. Haeun was a bit shocked because she heard a lot of people shit talk on him yet they still obey his orders out of fear. "I can easily take him out here...it's kinda secluded and no one would know it was me since there's Beomgyu antis here also..." Haeun conversed with herself in her mind but quickly pushed the thought away because it was a bit absurd.

She had her eyes glued on the back of his feet as she tailed behind him, trying best to not expose her face in case someone magically recognized her. Not realizing Beomgyu had come to a halt the girl accidentally bumped into his back which made her want to jump off the face of the earth.