𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𓆩𓆪......✎

Raindrops glistened as they poured from the grey painted sky above. Sounds similar to the beating of drums resonated from the rooftop due to the excessive patter of the rain as it collided with the zinc. The place smelt like freshly cut grass and mixture of wet asphalt combined. It was like a wave of a musky scent layering the atmosphere, generating a somber mood with all the dull colours uniting to assist in building the dismal vibe.

The sun was nowhere to be seen. It was almost like every aspect of the environment added to the feeling of funerealness. The quiet surrounding only made the mood of the day more lonesome for his Highness who was sitting glumly in a chair on the opposite end of a room. His eyes were glued on the girl in the bed, still as the night. She had been in that condition for days now. Her movements were restricted as she laid there in a paralysis like state. Would she get better? Would she recover? Would she finally open up her eyes and assure Beomgyu that she was more than okay? Nothing more than those thoughts ran through the prince's mind. He was left feeling helpless and on top of all of that pain, he also couldn't help but feel that she wouldn't want to see him anymore after finding out that he killed his own mother.

But did he really kill his own mother? Did he? Would Beomgyu do such a thing to the only person who he was able to love so dearly?

"Please just open your eyes...I just want to know that you're okay. You can hate me all you want now-! Call me a monster even..! But, god, I just need to know that you're okay..." Beomgyu broke down in full blown tears as he buried his face in his hands. He couldn't take it anymore. He really couldn't. She was all that he had left. She was what brought purpose and happiness to his painful life.

"I don't think a monster would be showing their emotions like this, Beomgyu."

The sudden sound of Haeun's voice broke out weakly yet even through Beomgyu's cries and pleas he heard her. He had froze, now staring directly at the girl's face through his glass tears that blurred his vision. "W-what?" He murmured meekly, wiping away the tears from his face with the back of his hands. He was shaking. Trembling.

"Come here." The girl said softly, feebly outstretching her shaky hand for Beomgyu to hold. The boy's body instinctively moved on its own, attracting itself to Haeun's presence. He fell to his knees at the side of the bed, gazing up at the girl with tears brimming in his eyes. Words could not simply explain the feeling he was experiencing in that moment. Just seeing her face made his heart weaken in relief. Just being able to hear her voice made all his misery vanish.

"You're no monster Beomgyu"

"Why would you think that? Beomgyu, I could never see you as a mons-"

Haeun wasn't even given the chance to finish her sentence. Beomgyu's body propelled forward and his face was now buried in the crook of the assassin's neck. The tears wouldn't stop flowing and his quiet whimpers and sniffles silently filled the room. The royal completely broke down in the girl's arms as he nuzzled his nose deeper into her neck. He finally felt true comfort and relief after so many days.

"Awwwwwh, you missed me that much, did you?" Haeun cooed out gently, lightly raking her fingers through the male's hair. Everything about the girl's presence and touch brought comfort to the weeping man in her arms.

"You don't hate me..?" He mumbled quietly with his face still buried in the girl's neck. "You don't think I'm a monster for killing my own mother?"

Haeun paused, fidgeting in the position her body was in on the bed. She slowly lifted herself up, bracing her back on the headboard for support. She gently elevated Beomgyu's face, now making him look at her directly. Her hands cupped both of his soft, wet cheeks and her thumb lightly traced over them. She gracefully wiped away the tears from his eyes and bestowed him with a look that genuinely made him feel loved. Her eyes twinkled with adoration and softness that it only made Beomgyu want to cry even more.

"My dearest, not even in a million years would such a thought cross my mind. You are no monster. You did not kill your mother. Not for even a second did I believe such a statement. I do not know if hearing it from me makes it any better but, I strongly believe that you had nothing to do with her death, Beomgyu. You didn't cause this. It wasn't your fault."

"It's not your fault nor should you have to take the blame."

All the royal could do was cry. It was just so overwhelming for him. He longed to hear someone, anyone...mutter those words to him, but no one did. For 11 years Beomgyu yearned to hear those comforting words but not a soul was there to help him, to listen to him or to believe him. He had to take the blame for it. He had to bear the harsh words forced onto him by his own father. He had to live in solitude and confusion for 11 years. But now, finally, he was freed from those exact words that trapped his mind in servitude and guilt. Finally, someone believed him without him having to beg them or convince them.

Finally.

(imagine I made all of this a dream LMAO- dw guys I wouldn't build it up that much just to hurt yall like this)

Haeun realized how badly Beomgyu needed that and simply pulled him into a warm embrace. Her hands were resting on the back of his head, gently patting his hair as a technique to calm him down. From her past experiences with having to comfort Beomgyu she learnt that that worked quite effectively. She wanted nothing more than to make him feel safe in her arms.

Even though her entire body was aching due too the terrible beating she received she didn't want to ruin the moment. Her face was still somewhat swollen and discolored. She had bandages all over her body and her hair was messier than she could ever imagine. Her clothes on the other hand were new, clean from blood and all the dirt that it collected. The room she was in certainly didn't seem like a room designated to an Inn. It was more expensive in nature with cool furniture and paintings and a grand looking bed.

"Eh? Where are we Gyu?" Haeun couldn't help herself from asking.

The boy pulled back, wiping away the tears on his face once again. He took a deep breath, recollecting all his senses to put himself back in composure.

"We're in Taehyun's castle." The royal explained through his sniffles. "Anyways. How are you feeling? How are your wounds? Do you feel okay? Would you like something to drink? Eat maybe?" He finally began to bombard her with questions. "Oh, I'm sorry I broke down like that in front of you.." Beomgyu babbled on nervously, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

Haeun rolled her eyes when she heard him apologize. "You better take that sorry back." She retorted sassily. "But yeah, I think I'm feeling much better now. I really need a warm bath, then definitely something to eat."

"How long have I been like this?"

"A little over a week."

"WHAT?"

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Hehehe.