𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

𓆩𓆪......✎

"Do you think he'll find us here? Do you think he'll come for us? Are we even safe here?"

"Dumbass", Taehyun muttered quickly before smacking Kai behind his head. "We're in MY castle. In MY kingdom. I don't think Minho's that reckless and dumb enough to try to kill you all on MY grounds." He reassured the boy sitting on the railing of the balcony with his feet dangling over the edge.

"He's right, Hyuka. My fa- Minho wouldn't do something like that without perfect planning and strategizing. I don't think we have anything to worry about." Beomgyu added, sighing loudly as he relaxed his body into the chair on the balcony. Taehyun just observed them both. He was a King, the one with the most responsibility and maturity among the 3 of them. He had to stay calm and composed. He had to stay fearless for the two of his dear friends. He wanted to try his best to help Beomgyu, and he also hated seeing Kai that worried over the whole situation with Beomgyu and his twisted father.

"To think that man could do such a thing...the same man that showed me kindness when I was orphaned. God, how did he turn like this? How could he do something like this?! He- he's sick! He...He really is fuc-"

"Uh-uh, no swearing." Taehyun interrupted, sending Kai a stern glare. As a response the boy rolled his eyes and looked away from the King, glancing at Beomgyu with eyes that seemed like they were asking for him to back him up and take his side. "Don't look at me. The 'King' said no swearing." Beomgyu said in a mocking tone, trying his best to not crack a smile.

"He's a King now Kai. I think we should stop fooling around before he disciplines us." The raven haired royal added with a small laugh slipping past his lips. "Your Highness, King Taehyun, would you like for me to fetch a chair for you? Would you like some water? It sure is hot out here. Should I get you a fan? An ice bath?"

"Veryy funny, Beomgyu." Taehyun rolled his eyes at the prince who was teasing him while laughing hysterically.

"Oh dear!" Kai exclaimed suddenly, making both royals flinch in surprise. "Your Highness, King Taehyun, I hope you forgive me for calling you Hyunie, cutie patootie and my-" Taehyun did not give Kai the chance to finish and, just slapped his hand over the boy's mouth, stopping the words from spilling out. Due to this action, the blonde lost balance on the railing and almost plummeted to his death 30 feet below but thankfully Taehyun was quick to grab him, holding onto his clothes for dear life.

"What if I had died there? HuH? You'd be responsible for my death." Kai somehow wasn't phased by any of this, nor were the two royals who were beside him.

"Yeah? Well I'm a King I could easily cover it up." The royal interjected with a menacing smile plastered on his face. "Right Beomgyu? It didn't happen right?"

"What? Hm....I didn't see anything." Beomgyu's smile grew as he picked Taehyun's side just to tease Kai.

"You guys haven't changed."

Haeun's voice cracked out from behind the 3 boys who were fooling around. She was leaning on the frame of the open door, just simply observing them as they joked together. It just warmed her heart to see their friendship thrive. To see them to comfortable and happy with each other. She was glad Beomgyu hadn't let what his father did affect him that much. And oh, how much she had missed those two idiots...

She loved being friends with them. She loved the memories that they gave her. They were the first real friends she ever had and she truly wanted to cherish them...but she wasn't sure how they'd react to her, now that they were aware that she was the true assassin.

Haeun stood still as she watched their heads turn to her direction. It felt as though knots were starting to form in her stomach as she stood there, anticipating a negative response from the two of them. She hadn't a clue what more to say but the silence barely lasted long after Kai jumped off from the rails and sprinted towards her, yelping in excitement. He was so energized and elated that he swept her up from off her feet and spun her around.

"Haeun!" The raw sound of his voice as it said her real name made all the worries that were clouding her mind completely vanish. "Haeun, we've missed you so much! Life was so boring without you! I can't believe you're finally awake!" The boy had the assassin secured in his arms as he held her as if she was the most fragile and most precious thing in the world to him. When he finally planted her back on her own two feet she had to hold onto him to keep her balance. Kai wasted no time burying his face into the crook of her neck as he engulf her in a hug.

From over Kai's shoulder, the girl could see Beomgyu's face twitching. His jaw, clenching and unclenching as his eyes drilled holes into the back of his friend's head.

Haeun had the daring audacity to test the waters, looking at him innocently with doe eyes and mouthing, "jealous much", to the royal subtly. In return the prince tilted his head a little to the side, flashing her a small smile that hid mischief behind it.

"Move peasant. My turn next." Taehyun peeled Kai off from the hug, shoving the disheveled boy aside and wrapping his arms around the girl. "We really did miss you, Haeun. And I know you probably thought we'd treat you weirdly after all of this but, you've added so much happiness to each of our lives, especially Beomgyu's. I know you're a good person. I trust you. So please don't be distant with us." The king released her from the hug, flashing her a bright smile.

"Alright, my turn next." Beomgyu spoke up, inserting himself between the two. "Hey!" Taehyun protested as Beomgyu took all of Haeun's attention. "Didn't you already have enough of her attention?"

"Yeah, didn't you already have enough of my attention? Give the others a chance." Haeun's lips tugged into a minute smirk.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about, darling-"

"Oh yeah? Guys did you know that Gyu's a dirty little sl-"

"Woah there-! Alright let's back it up shall we." Beomgyu's eyes were glued on Haeun, reveling in the way she took control of the situation.

"Now, let's get on with the real issue here shall we. The elephant in the room. The real reason why we're all here."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Sorry for the short chapter :[
Also. When I finish this ff (we got like 10 or 15 chapters left or maybe less I'm not sure), I wanna start a Yeonjun Royal au (I already started it and I'm on chapter 2) AND I CAN'T LIE. I have high hopes for the plot of it. I'm not gonna give out too much info but yeahhh.

New ff
Yeonjun royal au, and it's like an isekai one.

Let me know if y'all are interested