𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

"F-father?" The prince knocked on his father's door, awaiting for his father to signal that it was okay for him to come in.

"How was it, son?" The king asked mightily, folding his arms over his chest in a manner which made him seem so powerful and strict. The few words that came out from the king's mouth was enough to send menacing shivers down his own son's spine.

"I- I failed you. He wasn't the one...none of them are. All of them are lost causes. What do I do?" Beomgyu stated nervously, fiddling with his fingers behind his back.

"Continue searching until you find him. This is the only way you'll redeem yourself after all these years of committing that horrible mistake."

The king quickly dismissed his son without showing any remorse, leaving the poor boy all alone with a mind full of thoughts.

This is the only way I can be seen normal again...this is how I'll convince father that I'm not a monster...but I'm failing at it. I can't even find him. I can't find this stupid assassin even with all the searches I've done.

Maybe I'll just stay a monster for the rest of my life. Maybe father will never be able to forgive me for murdering his wife...

Beomgyu quickly exited the king's office, leaving to clear his mind of the thoughts that threatened to break him down. He wanted to forget about his past, to find a way to relieve him of the immense pain he felt but there was nothing he could rely on to comfort him.

He was alone and he hated himself. He hated himself for what happened eight years ago.

Haeun on the other hand, who had been taken up to her room with Kai, chugged a few painkillers and went to sleep and had been knocked out for the entire rest of the day and surprisingly, Beomgyu allowed for the girl to have such a long rest. He didn't order for her since he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone anyways.

The prince locked himself away in his room, loathing in self pity over his monstrous mistakes.

-

Two whole weeks had passed since their last trip to capture the assassin and in that two weeks Haeun's friendship with the prince was her basically standing on thin ice. Sometimes the prince would let loose around the girl, saying random childish stuff then some days he'd be like a dark rain cloud, ready to pour his anger out on anything that triggered him.

One thing's for sure was that he was a bit different from before and the assassin could tell from his change of behavior and attitude. Sure he was still rude and cold to her but there were times when he'd tease her in a sort of mocking way but as the days went by the prince was being less uptight around the girl since she herself spoke to the prince informally without giving a shit.

It was currently 4pm in the afternoon and Haeun was down in the garden at the back of the humongous castle. She nonchalantly pranced in the flat field of grass with bare feet, gently touching each pretty flower she could lay her hands on. The fragrance the garden gave off was a sweet honey scent that entranced the girl in a tranquil haze. She hasn't seen anything as calm and pretty as this.

All she wanted to do was to lay on the grass, bathing in the sun whilst she read from a book.

Such marvelous colours and fragrance! This place is so beautiful..!