𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

After a few hours of sitting alone, gazing up at the stars, the girl was ready to head back inside. She was now calmed down and refined back to her old fake act of a character called Soojin. What would happen between her and Beomgyu? That was something she didn't think about.

Will he like...hate me more because of the stuff I said to him-? No no no, Soojin pull yourself together! If you want that pendant you have to be nice to him! Ugh..but sometimes he's such a prick-

The girl sighed, swatting away those controversial thoughts in her mind. She quickly made her way back to her room, sinking herself onto her soft bed which put her at ease. She had a stressful day, finding out that the prince had known so much about the assassin, yelling at Beomgyu like that and also pushing Kai away.

"I need to get myself together! I need to get my act together! It's either I'm a mean son of a gun or a weak one. As much as I hate the second choice I have to be a little of both in order to show them I mean no harm."

Haeun got up, the feeling of guilt flushed through her veins and one thought plagued her mind. Should I apologize? Soon that one thought multiplied as she began to overthink again. Am I even in the wrong? Will he accept my apology? Why did he want to kill me though? Is he just straight up psychotic? Does he hate women?

Without realizing, Haeun was actually standing in front of Beomgyu's doorway. Her breath was hitched in her throat as her eyes were glued on the slightly ajar door. Huh? Why is it open?

Curiosity overtook her, making her slowly push the door open. Her eyes were fixed on something she didn't expect. Someone who she didn't recognize was in his room, rummaging through his stuff. The person definitely wasn't Kai since the unknown figure's hair was black. What the hell- wait....What do I do? Stop it? Let him search the room? Maybe he's looking for the pendant? Shall I just jump him after he finds it?

"Ah screw this." She muttered, slowly sneaking into the Prince's room. It seemed as though Beomgyu was in the bathroom since there was the sound of running water coming from behind the door.

She quietly observed the unknown person from the shadows as they continued to tumble the room, keeping completely still and silent. If she wanted she could easily kill him right there but then that would lead to great consequences. I guess I have to do this in a non-professional not so assassin type of way..

"Ahem." Haeun cleared her throat, creeping out of the shadows in a stealthy manner. The unknown person didn't hear her and continued to search the room whilst mumbling to himself.

"Ahem?" She cleared her throat once more but a bit louder but the person still didn't hear her.

"HELLO? What type of thief are you if you can't hear the crap in your surroundings?! You suck!" The girl exclaimed in annoyance, furrowing her brows at the now shocked individual.

"Wh- who are you?! Stay back or I'll hurt you!"

"What ya looking for? I'll help you search."

"You- what!?" The individual stuttered, eyes widening in surprise as he looked at the girl.

"You don't want my help?" Haeun pouted sadly, faking sniffles as she drew closer to the person.

"I said stay back!" The man pulled out a knife, pointing it at the girl. She faked gasped, throwing her hands up frantically. "Oh my god noooo...don't hurt me!" She cried bitterly, waving her hands around like she was scared.

Just then as the man was about to pounce forward, the bathroom door opened, revealing a distressed Beomgyu.

"Uh..what the heck are you doing here servant?" Beomgyu rolled his eyes at the girl, giving her a disapproving look without even noticing the other person in the room.

"Oh dear Gyu! Please help me! This man....he's trying to kill me!" She cried, running towards the prince and helplessly slinging her arms around him. She knew exactly what she just did but she had to do it. She had to make it seem like she was weak so he wouldn't continue suspecting her.

Her hands were wrapped around his waist. Their bodies were touching as Haeun continued to cling to him as apart of her act.

"What the-", the prince was about to complain and push her away but she tightened her grip around him.

"Just go with it. This creep was ransacking your room. Do something about him!" She whispered to the prince who only looked at her with a blank expression on his face.

"I can hear you, you know." The unknown man spoke up, now directing his knife at the two who were tangled together. Beomgyu was giving her a very familiar look and she knew after they get rid of the man that he would probably yell at her.

"Who are you? Why are you here? What do you want?" Beomgyu asked calmly, glaring at the man across the other end of the room.

"Where is it?!"

"What?"

"Where is the pendant?!"

Beomgyu inched back a little upon hearing the word pendant. His hands then trailed up to his neck, pulling out the pendant from in between his bathrobe.

"You mean this? Now why would you want this?" The prince asked, fixing his gaze on the man who's jaw was clenched.

Haeun's eyes were set on the pendant, fighting the urge to just yank it out of his hands but she couldn't do that.

"Give it to me or I'll kill her!" The man yelled, drawing closer to them both.

"Then kill her. I don't care." Beomgyu smiled at Haeun in a way which sent chills down her spine.

The intruder raised his hand, directing it at Haeun's head but suddenly redirected it to the prince. Without fully processing everything the man threw the knife with a sudden force which was aimed directly at the prince.

"Watch out-!" Haeun exclaimed, pushing Beomgyu aside away from the direction of the knife to safety.

The knife travelled through the air with much speed, heading towards Haeun then suddenly made a loud thud. Her eyes were closed and her hand was on gripping her stomach. Am I dead?

She slowly peeked her eyes open, looking down at her body to see no knife imbedded in her. Looking over her shoulder, the knife was stuck on the wall right beside her, missing her head by a few inches.

"Ha, you missed!" Haeun chuckled, sticking her tongue out at the man.

Beomgyu on the other hand was slightly taken aback due to being pushed out of harm's way by his servant. Why did she do that- I-

The prince finally stabilized his balance, now fixing his attention back at the intruder.

The girl was about the reach for the knife to use it to kill him but the guards suddenly bursted through the door, taking down the man without hesitation.

"Your highness are you okay?" Haeun questioned, moving closer to him.

"I'm fine-" he responded quickly, not making eye contact with the girl.

"Ah that's good. He's fine guys! You can take the man and go." She confirmed with the guards who soon exited the room after capturing the intruder.

A thick layer of silence and awkwardness now coated the room.

"Why?" -Beomgyu

"Huh?" -Haeun

"Why did you save me?" -Beomgyu

· • -- ٠ ٠ -- • ·