𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𓆩𓆪......

"15 days." -Haeun

"What?" -Beomgyu

"We have 15 days to prepare." -Haeun

"Actually wait no. Not 15. It's 12. Shit I still can't believe I was out for 3 whole days." -Haeun

The girl shuffled lightly on the bed, still trying to maneuver her way into the new set of clothes the royal acquired for her while she took a bath.

"Prepare..prepare for what..?" Beomgyu questioned in confusion. He naturally made his way to Haeun's side, aiding her in putting on the black wescot over her white long sleeved shirt. His body just moved on its own to help her and he didn't even realise.

The assassin let out a low exasperated breath, casually flitting her eyes at Beomgyu then back onto the ceiling. It was obvious she was avoiding eye contact and even more obvious that she was trying to avoid answering his question.

"It's..", she dropped her gaze down to the coffee coloured rug, trailing her eyes along the patterns sewn into it, "it's hard to explain. If I tell you, promise me you'll listen and won't get mad?"

Beomgyu graced her with a confounded yet judgemental look, nodding to her for her to continue.

"See, right before we left Mark's wonderful event I sent one of Minho's workdogs to deliver him a message for me. In 15 days we are to meet your father for a negotiation." The girl paused slightly, stealing a quick wistful glace at the young royal who only responded with a blank stare.

"You did WHAT??" Beomgyu's voice grew as he slowly staggered back, his back was  pressed against the wall behind him. "You told him you wanted to meet him? Why would you do that?? Why don't you just run away? Why can't we just run away? Disappear? Why would you do such a thing?!"

The young royal was not accepting of the situation one bit.

"Run away and go where? He will hunt us down and torture us then brutally kill us like it's just child's play. We can't run forever Gyu. Your father will definitely find us. I'd rather be one step ahead of him than be a step behind. Your father could do anything...if we leave him..he might try to track down my sister and Youngjae again and find them for real this time."

Beomgyu staggered back in defeat, accepting of how unfair but serious the situation was. They had a better chance of facing Minho off than running away like a bunch of cowards.

"Your father-" -Haeun

"Do not call that thing my father. I'm going to purge him of his existence on earth and avenge my mother." -Beomgyu

"That's the spirit!" -Haeun

-

"The negotiation-", a soft yet almost discerning knock echoed from behind the door of the room both the assassin and the royal were residing in. She paused, flashing her eyes of concern to the royal who had acknowledged her unspoken warning.

She raised her brow at him, unsure if they were just overanalysing the sound that could just be a maid passing by instead of some trained killer sent by Minho to come kidnap or kill them both but it was still worth inspecting.

"It's probably nothing, right?" Haeun mouthed silently but before Beomgyu could agree with her, the beams of light seeping through from the gap under the door accentuated what seemed like a moving figure behind it.