𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

𓆩♡𓆪......✎

Time as they know it was limited. They were 11 days away from approaching the deadline with the meeting with Minho. Training for a massacre was already set in place just to prepare the two for the worst to come. Haeun had created a schedule just for the both of them, and it was soon time for them to get ready for their daily sparing. She had agreed to help Beomgyu improve his hand to hand combat in case he had a brawl with his Father, and though she was against it at first, the royal somehow found a way to convince her. She had already warned him that she didnt want him to face off his father alone if things went sideways. Plus, she had a reason for appointing a meeting with him that she already put enough thought into.

"You're late", said the assassin in a stern tone, tapping her foot on the grassy field. Continuous winds blew softly and the tall grass surrounding them swayed peacefully. Only the sound of rustling leaves could be heard. Everything else was dead silent. The royal's footsteps became louder as he approached the girl on the open field. He was dressed in plain, cheap clothing and so was Haeun.

"I still don't get why I have to wear this. I look like a—" -Beomgyu

"Peasant? Commoner? What? Because all I keep hearing is you complain." -Haeun

"...like a suspicious person who seems like he's about to commit a crime." -Beomgyu

Beomgyu paused at Haeun's remark. He knew why she was like that but didn't understand why. He wasn't up to par with her perspective on Yeonjun. She thought something was wrong with the man who 'helped' them, but he had concluded otherwise. They ended up having an indifferent quarrel over it and neither of them switched sides. Beomgyu still thought Yeonjun was innocent while Haeun thought he was suspicious and wanted him to cut any form of interaction with him.

So, here they were, alone in a field.

Beomgyu sighed before aligning himself right in front of the girl. "Can we not do this. Can we not fight like this anymore. Please—"

Before the prince could finish he was picked up and thrown to the floor. His back suffered greatly from the impact as he laid there with the oxygen knocked out of his body. "Shut up and just fight me. Those men your father train wont stop for a tea party and cakes. The only thing they know is to kill." Haeun looked down at the royal on the floor with her foot pressing against his chest, pinning him down. "Rule 1. Never get distracted."

"Rule 2. Don't leave room for another attack." Beomgyu breathed out, gripping the girl's leg that was pressed against him, making her lose her balance. She slipped sideways and fell directly on him but the royal was quick to entangle her within his arms and flipped both of them over so that now he was on top of her. A smirk was etched on his lips as his eyes swept the features on her face. They both stared at each other while breathing heavily and Haeun had noticed that  Beomgyu was closing the distance between them with his lips drawing nearer to hers.

The girl slapped her hand across the lower half of the boy's face, covering his lips with her palm. "Nuh-uh. Are you forgetting rule 1?"

"Fuck rule 1 when it comes to you. How could i not get distracted while having you in my presence." The royal stated in a breathy and quite needy tone.  (Id fold instantly. Anything for you, sir 🛐)

Haeun's eye rolled as she looked at him but she knew deep down that her heart was not okay after hearing that and especially not okay knowing the position they were in. Stay focused. Stay focused. I must stay focused. All of this is for the greater good. She kept telling herself mentally as she masked the way he made her heart flutter.

The girl merely cleared her throat looking away from the royal. She quickly snapped back into her serious persona and maneuvered her way out of his hold. She picked herself up from off of the ground and stood in a specific stance with her hands hoisted up to keep guard. Beomgyu got up as well, a blank expression plastered on his face as he locked his eyes on the girl's figure.

"Game on."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/N
Short chap🤷‍♀️ i wish i had more motivation. Sorry if its wack. :/