𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪......✎

Haeun regrettably had to give up the coat, sighing as she watched Kai rummage through the pockets to find the pendant.

"Got it!" He cheered in relief, holding onto the pendant tightly. He quickly apologized to the girl before hastily making his way over to the distressed prince.

Haeun and Taehyun quietly followed behind Kai as each of them made their way over to Beomgyu's room. Kai was the only one who entered and the other two were peeking from outside, unsure if it was okay if they entered as well.

"Beomgyu.." Kai called out softly to the boy who was curled up under his blankets with tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes. He had been crying. He looked so vulnerable and small that Haeun couldn't believe her eyes. The prince's hair was messy and he was trembling, softly murmuring to himself while he rocked back and forth.

He looks broken....

Is he like this because of the missing pendant?

Is it that dear to him?

Will I be able to steal it without feeling sympathetic?

"Beomgyu.." Taehyun mumbled under his breath from behind Haeun. His voice croaked out in a painful manner. The young king bowed his head down, turning away from the sight of the prince's weak state.

"I-is he like that because of the missing pendant? Is it that dear to him??" Haeun asked. She genuinely wanted to find out more about his situation but at the same time she didn't want to get herself involved in anything that could deter her mind from her goal. It was a very contradicting matter, really.

Taehyun slowly nodded, stepping away from Beomgyu's doorway. Haeun followed behind him quietly, leaving Kai to deal with the matter.

The two took a seat on a nearby couch, sitting silently staring at the ground.

"Beomgyu...." Taehyun began with a heavy sigh. "Beomgyu has been through a lot. He...was only 12 when his mother died. It was really hard for him because he really loved her. She was everything to him. She was the only one he'd confide to whenever he was sad or mad. He's actually a shy kid and he never really knew how to share his true thoughts or feelings with other people. He'd just bottle it up inside of him. But his mom, she was the only one he ever trusted and the day when she died it was like a part of his heart was ripped out."

"Everything changed. Kai and I were the only friends he had when he was growing up and we share a really special bond. We were really close back then but after the queen passed, he changed. He stopped being the crazy little energetic kid he once was. He had become reserved, cold and numb. His mother's death really hit him hard...and that sent him spiraling into distress."

Taehyun paused a little to catch his breath. Through Taehyun's explanation she could already tell how much he cared for the prince.

"The day that she died...the queen had gifted him a necklace with a special pendant. He always keeps it with him for it's like a reminder that his mother is still with him. Whenever it would go missing he would cry or throw a fit. It's like he can't continue living without the assurance that the pendant is with him...that she is still with him."