𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

Haeun's eyes trailed up to Beomgyu, finally glancing at him for the first time since he had stepped foot into the dining hall. She observed him as he glared at his father and how his father looked while examining his son. To her, something was wrong between them. She noticed that there was underlying tension between the father and son and it was something deep-

"So, father...." Beomgyu started off, locking eyes with his father, giving him a stern look. "Why have you called me?"

Rolling his sleeve up, the king expelled a sigh, folding his arms over his chest.

"Taehyun's coming to visit soon."

Taehyun? As in Kang Taehyun? The Kang Taehyun?!

"Oh..", was all the prince managed to say through parted lips, dropping his gaze down at his lap. If there was one thing the prince didn't like doing, it was showing emotion, especially around his father. After the tragic incident that occurred 8 years ago, Beomgyu was never the same. Following up to present day, his attitude and behavior had worsened and it was mostly due to his father's doing and partially because of what he recalled on that treacherous day. The day that changed him drastically.

"Shouldn't you be happy? Your pal is coming soon!" The king exclaimed, showing his pearly white teeth. Beomgyu only nodded his head, slumping it down to the steamy platter of food sitting in front of him. Both Kai and Haeun were silent as the room was now blanketed with a thick atmosphere of awkwardness.

"Your highness-!" The servant named Leo called out to the king, breaking the unnerving tension between each person sitting at the table. Quickly walking over to the royal, Leo whispered something into the king's ear which made him jolt from his chair. Confused, Haeun was left in a daze, trying to not purposely intrude on their private conversation.

"My my, it seems as though Royal duties keep piling up. If you may excuse me..." The king withdrew from his seat, using a handkerchief to wipe his mouth while trying to get himself together.

"Soojin I really wanted to get to know you more but I'm afraid we'll have to leave that for another day." The king stated, shaking his head in disappointment as he gazed at Beomgyu's personal servant.

"Kai, please come with me. I need your assistance." His highness ordered before leaving with the blonde and Leo.

Haeun and Beomgyu were now left in the dining hall all alone, immersed in silence, not muttering a single word to one another. Being the person who Haeun was, she couldn't just let the opportunity slide to get to ask the prince questions so she mustered up the courage to do so.

"Why are you such a douche to me?" The girl plainly stated, getting straight to the point.

"Shut up."

"You're quite the rude type aren't you." Haeun continued, poking at the left overs in her plate.

"And you're quite the one to put up an innocent facade." Beomgyu shot back, rolling his eyes at the girl.

"Pffft. Well I'm just treating you how you're treating me. What's wrong with that? Don't like it?" The girl chuckled, slouching back into the soft chair, shoving her plate aside. One thing's for sure, the food that she had just devoured was much better than anything she had ever tasted.

"Just shut up. I don't need you as my servant. You should just quit." His tone was cold and dry as always. He'd always limit his words and whatever he said, displaying no emotion but disgust on his pretty little face of his.