𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲

꒰⚘݄꒱......

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

A whiff of cold breeze bit at the skin of the man that was struggling to make his way down the halls of the eerily empty castle.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Red liquid continued to gush uncontrollably out of his open wound in his leg, partially immobilising him as he continued to persevere through the sickening pain that engrossed him.

His breathing was uneasy as he clawed his way to the door where the one he was looking for resided.

Fists clenched, the man heaved deep, expendable breaths of oxygen to continue the functioning of his body before it decided to give up and gave way.

He struggled to stand straight at the head of the doorway, nervousness chewing into his skin as he beckoned himself to calm down.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

The man impatiently stood at the door front, leaning against the wall to ease the insufferable pain that surged through his leg.

"Come in."

An eager sigh of relief washed over the injured man as he entered the room but his tenseness quickly resurfaced as his eyes met that of the King's.

"Your h-highness. A message from H-Haeun. She has the boy and the pendant and she won't give it up without a fight, sir. She says she wants to meet you at the Le Creux waterfall in Atraxia for a negotiation in 25 days."

The bloodied man paused, coughing blood that splattered on the king's clean white rug that hugged the plain carpeted floor.

"S-she took Beomgyu, sir. She's too strong."

Minho sighed, raking his fingers through his raven black hair that was ever so similar to his son's. "I care not an ounce for that boy. My pendant. Why are you here without my pendant and that assassin?"

"But sir-she's too strong! She-"

"You're a fool for returning without what I asked for." Minho stated sternly, drilling his dead bleak eyes on that of the injured fellow. "Guards." With a clap of his hand, the man in front of the king was taken away and thrown into a dungeon, left there to rot alone due to his supposed mistakes.

The king fell back into his chair, mind swimming with questions he surely wanted answers to.

"What is she up to?"

꒰⚘݄꒱

"What the hell is going on...this...this doesn't make any sense." -Beomgyu

The deafening thumping of his heartbeats resonated in his ears as he called out to the girl running in front of him. With their hands interlocked tightly, Beomgyu and Haeun were skimping over the rooftops of Minhyung's castle in the cold darkness of the night.

"Haeun." The royal cleared his throat loudly. The name rolled off his tongue in a soft whisper. This action by the prince caused Haeun to stop in her tracks, frozen in place. She slowly turned around with her eyes glued to the floor.

The boy was slightly confused though he was slowly piecing everything together. "That's your real name, right? Kang Haeun. You were hired by someone to kill me...right? But why was my father's soldiers there...that doesn't make any sense. Did he know about this planned assassination and was going to capture you?" The royal exhaled deeply as he spoke in a toned down voice. His chest heaved up and down rhythmically as he brainstormed all the recent events that took place. The absence of his full attention on the assassin made it clear that the boy was being completely serious about the situation.

"Was he finally being a good father to his only son? Was he trying to help me....to save me..?" -Beomgyu

Was this all a mistake? Should I have just left him? Left him there to die-? Would the king kill him either way? Am I going to kill him? -Haeun

"Beomgyu...."

݄꒱

A/n
HELLO GUYS.
It's been a while since I updated but I think I'm finally ready to continue this book.
So I added some more stuff to this chapter and I'll add more stuff to the the first chapter of book 2. So yeah🧁
Hopefully this book doesn't go sideways.
HOPE YOU ENJOY IT TOO
HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT