𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

══☆⌒*。

Thirty-eight

ˏˋ°•*

"No you're not. We need you there." I need you there.

"Wh- what? Why?"

"Just shut up and let's go."

Haeun exchanged glances with Kai and Taehyun who were also confused at Beomgyu's random behaviour.

Okay then...well either way I will be missing out on a lovely banquet and the chance to meet Mark Lee.

The assassin sighed, following behind Beomgyu wordlessly as they made their way to the dining hall. Taehyun and Kai were behind them, closely following as well.

After settling down around the table, a dreary prolonged period of silence blanketed the occupants in the room. Tension was mainly being built up due to Beomgyu and the king's behaviour. Both of them looked pissed at one another but didn't dare mutter a single word.

"So, as most of you know, the royal banquet is in two days. Kai...Taehyun, I hope this time, both of you get dates. As for Beomgyu, princess Minji will also be attending the banquet so please make sure you entertain her, son. She will be vital in being able to help us form an alliance with her father and his wealth in his crystal kingdom in the west. Don't fuck this up." The king said straightforwardly, shooting a piercing death glare at his son. Beomgyu only stared back at the man with an unreadable expression plastered on his face.

"I have a proposition, father." The prince looked at his father dead in the eye, leaning forward in his chair, dauntingly.

Kai and Taehyun perked up, sitting upright as they silently listened to the father and son. Haeun had her head bent down, quietly listening as well since she was more than confused about the situation in their midst.

"I'd like to pick my own date."

"Hmm, and who would that be, son? No fucking woman in our Kingdom fancies you." The king suddenly went off, shocking everyone at the dinner table.

Beomgyu stayed quiet and composed because he knew things would only get messy if he raised his voice as well. Deep down, doing this right now: standing up to the king and talking back to his father, was hard for him.

"Soojin agreed to come along with me, father." The prince lightly tapped his feet on the floor, slightly nervous because he was unsure how his father would react.

I did? Wait what- what.. -Haeun

"Is that so, Soojin?" The king turned his attention to the girl, glaring at her with lifeless eyes. She hadn't seen the man like this before. This was a new side of him and to say the least she was quite shocked.

Haeun glanced at Beomgyu who looked at her hopelessly before fixing her attention back on the king.

"Yes sir." The girl answered coyly, adverting her gaze from the royal. Haeun stole a few glances at Beomgyu who flashed her a desperate, pleading expression.

"Oh?" The king paused, keeping his gaze on Haeun's figure for an unnecessarily long period of time. "Well son, you can take her with you but you must also attend to Minji. I cannot let this great opportunity go to waste." Beomgyu's father folded his arms across his chest, excusing himself from his seat at the dinner table. He left without muttering another word, leaving the entire room with the 4 friends in slight disbelief.

"W-what just happened-" Kai muttered under his breath to Taehyun who was also somewhat confused.

"I have never seen the king like that before-! What the fuck-" Taehyun cursed, covering his jarred mouth in shock.