𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪……✎

"We need to do something about your shoulder." Haeun suggested, shifting in her corner in the carriage as she eyed Beomgyu's bleeding shoulder.

They were now heading back to the Palace, only 15 minutes into the 3 hour long journey. Haeun was drowning in her own seat due to the overly thick clothing she was wearing. A goddamn dress-! No wonder the prince scanned her from head to toe before they left, yet he didn't even had the mind to tell the girl to change.

"Just leave it." The prince dismissed her calmly, leaning his head back and shutting his eyes due to being really tired. Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open in confusion when his ears picked up the sound of something ripping. Directing his head over to the girl, he saw her with her legs stretched out, resting on the opposite seat of the carriage with her dress pulled up, exposing her thighs which of course were covered in thin leggings.

Quickly adverting his gaze elsewhere yet still intrigued by what his servant was doing, he managed to push away his incompetence of being closed up and finally asked her the question what was plaguing his mind.

"What are you doing-?" He asked, confusion laced into his very tone of words.

"Well as your servant I can't just leave you bleeding out, now can I? I'm going to stop the bleeding for a while. This should slow it down in time for us when we reach Nethilor to get a proper doctor." Haeun explained, keeping her concentration on ripping more of her dress.

"I told you I don't-"

"Just shut up and let me do my job." Following that sentence, Beomgyu went silent, falling back into his side of the cushioned seat in the tiny carriage. As for one, the prince didn't think Haeun would have even stayed on the job after he pelted those vases at her so he was quite shocked that she was holding out so long but that wasn't going to stop him from trying to make her quit.

Continuing to rip the material from her dress, the girl had now acquired a lengthy strip of it, long enough to tie around the prince's arm. Moving closer to him who was sitting on the opposite side of the carriage, the girl was now sitting directly opposite him with a smug look on her face.

Beomgyu's eyes were fixed on Haeun who was staring at his bleeding shoulder. He was slowly inching back as the girl drew near to inspect his wound.

"You seem uncomfortable...." The girl teased, flickering her eyes over Beomgyu's face, trailing down to his neck. "Do I make you nervous?" Haeun questioned mockingly, enjoying how Beomgyu looked because of the closing distance between them.

"Don't get ahead of yourself servant. Shoving you off this mountain is still on my contemplation list. If you wish to act out of character, you will pay the price."

"Ahhh someone's finally getting better at simple communication." Haeun laughed. "Now, let me see your shoulder." She quickly switched up to a serious manner, sternly glazing her eyes over the bleeding wound which Beomgyu tried to hide.

"I don't need your help."

"I don't care. It's either you let me help or I make this journey back home hell for you."

Haeun was flashing him a menacing smile which complimented the tone of her stern voice. She was slowly gaining tolerance for the bullshit he put her through day after day. Letting out a low sigh, Beomgyu finally gave in and allowed the girl to patch him up.

"See it's no big deal. It would have taken less time if you weren't being such an annoying baby." Haeun mumbled, retracting back to her end of the carriage. She had successfully tied the strip of material around his wound but whilst she was doing that the sudden urge to strangle him overtook her but it quickly vanished when she realized he wasn't wearing his pendant.

-

After lazing around for a few hours, admiring the kingdom's scenery and the fascinating structures that were scattered everywhere, Haeun was getting restless in the cooped up carriage. Her entire body was gleaming in sweat and the dress she was wearing was too heavy for her.

Frustrated by it, the girl didn't waste any more time staying inside of it.

"Yah, if you had told me we were going to go somewhere this far I could have at least worn better clothes." Haeun complained, crinkling her forehead together as she glared at the prince who showed no remorse while looking at her with a blank face.

He didn't respond. He just turned his head away, shutting his eyes once more to go back to his nap.

"Ugh, I swear I'm going to die in this!" She muttered angrily, gripping at the strings at the back, loosening them. Beomgyu payed no attention to her, slowly losing himself to the drowsiness that blanketed him.

Quickly slipping out of her suffocating dress, Haeun was now left bare in leggings and a small vest that clung to her upper body. She honestly couldn't care less about what the prince would think of her but one thing that she forgot were the scars on her body. She had quite a number of them at random places but the biggest one yet was the huge slash on her back.

"Stupid frickin clothes.." the girl commented to herself in a low manner, folding up the dress and leaving it aside of her. She made sure that her back was properly covered so if the Prince were to glance, he wouldn't see anything.

"What's that?" The sudden voice echoed, genuinely alarming the assassin. Quickly meeting the gaze of the Prince, Haeun was a bit frightened seeing how it looked like he was pointing to something behind her.

"Thought you were sleeping but I guess you were just peeking." Haeun laughed at her own words, cringing at how lame it sounded.

Beomgyu only rolled his eyes, flashing the girl a disapproving look. He was still observing her, slightly taken aback by how chill and carefree she was. There was always some part of her that he would ponder over, intrigued at how random she was. He did have hate fueled up towards her and yes, there were times when he really wanted to kill her for who knows what reason but there were other times when he'd question her actions out of pure curiosity.

"You didn't answer me. What's that?" He asked once more, pointing at the girl's arm. Turning her attention down at her arm, the girl realized he was pointing at a symbol that was dug into her flesh. She was an assassin, of course she'd have some sort of reminder of her past and what each mission led to. Scars, marks, traumatic memories...those were all things that made her who she was currently.

"It's a clover mark." She answered truthfully, ghosting her fingers over the mark on her arm. "Ahhh it's nothing important. I fell when I was little and scraped my arm which somehow shaped itself into a clover." She smiled, hiding the true meaning behind the tale of lies.

How I really got this....
Back when I was traveling between the border of Atraxia and Nethilor, I was tasked with assassinating a pirate by the name of Hongjoon. He used to kill innocent coast men for gold and the people couldn't live with that. I was hired by a poor villager to kill him and by trying to do so, I ended up getting captured. I was held captive in a ship for 4 whole days and his crew men would taunt me and hit me. One day, I did something out of character; I killed a crew member and one of the men took a knife and carved out a clover on my arm. The clover was a symbol of their crew and their ship. It was like their logo...so when people heard the clover was docking at harbor they'd know to stay away. Long story short, I slaughtered the entire crew and their captain, took their gold and left it for the people of the village to take.

"That's all to it, your highness. Just a simple fall." She concluded, hovering her hand over the mark before fixing her attention elsewhere.

"I don't buy it." He stated dully, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Well, believe whatever you want to believe. I don't need your validation for anything. At least I answered your question."

"You-"

"Your highness, we've reached our destination."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Ahhhhhh communication communication. Bad or good, don't we love it. They're bickering like children I tell you. At least Gyu's speaking more😩
Anywho.
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY MY LITTLE LOVELIES <3