𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

The air around the Prince and the assassin was chilly. The carriage had stopped right in front of a building that had many windows, stretching in a L shape. Lights and laughter emitted from the building which was the so called 'Inn' Beomgyu had mentioned.

"I don't understand why we can't just ride through the darkness." Haeun mumbled to herself with a scoff, burying her hands in her pockets to keep her warm.

"If you didn't know, it's more likely that a person could get ambushed and robbed if they travel blindly at night. Then again, how would you know this, you're just a simple servant." Beomgyu said harshly, folding his arms over his chest.

So passive aggressive...he makes me want to kill him and bury his body in a ditch. Ahahahaha...

"No need to get all grumpy, Mister." The girl teased playfully but Beomgyu finally snapped. "You could have just-"

"Honestly just shut up. Why are you acting like we're friends? If you thought my kindness towards you was because I was willing to put up with you then you're wrong. I repaid you for saving my life by saving yours so now I'm not indebted to you so now you can stop acting like we're close friends. You're fricking annoying."

The girl was rendered speechless. Even though she's known for lying, deceiving and ruthlessly killing people she still somewhat felt a pang to her heart after hearing those words escape from Beomgyu's lips. Right when she thought there was hope to reaching his soft side he proved her wrong.

Haeun wordlessly accepted his lecture without shooting back anything in return. He was correct. The girl did think she was annoying and maybe she did take it a bit too far in actually believing there was hope in befriending him.

I should just stick to the plan but the plan involves me having to interact with him. How the hell do I keep up with his frustrating behavior and rude attitude? He sure as hell tricked me into thinking he was finally starting to accept my presence! That runt-!

Right he might be a prick but I know I can be worse. I can be annoying and stubborn and he needs to know that I'm not playing. I'll make him like me and I'll strip him of his ego and show him I'm the one who's in control. I'll tug at his heartstrings and make him beg at my feet but first I need to be his friend.

The girl left Beomgyu outside, walking into the entrance of the Inn with a face that seemed unbothered.

"If he truly wants my help, he's going to have to actually ask for it." The girl concluded dauntingly, rolling her eyes at the thought of him.

"Good night, madam. I'd like a single room for the night."

"Make that a single room with two bedrooms. This is called saving money." Beomgyu's voice cracked out from behind the girl.

Haeun's face contorted in absolute disgust.

"Oh hell no. You're sleeping by yourself. Saving money? Pffft. I'm paying for my own crap and I don't care if another intruder barges in and tries to kill you. You honestly deserve it." The girl kept her gaze up front, looking at the woman who was awkwardly staring at the two.

"Sorry about my language. Can I have a single room please?"

"Y-yes."

The woman at the desk handed her a key and told her the room's number before attending to Beomgyu's aid. Of course she knew he was the prince since well, he's a well known prick but he was still respected by some of his people.

Haeun didn't waste any time and quickly paid for her own expenses before making her way up the stairs in the said direction of her room.

He really thinks I'm just a shallow, hollowed out person who would just accept his behavior just because he's royalty? His late servants must have confided in him and allowed him to treat them however he wanted to. I wonder how he even ended up to be like this in the first place since Kai said he was never always this cold and crappy.

Shaking off the thoughts about the prince, Haeun quickly unlocked her room door to be faced with a decent looking room which seemed comfortable enough to sleep in. She went straight to the direction of the bathroom when she felt her stomach grumbling out in pain. Ever since she ate that thing back at the market she felt upset and now she couldn't hold it back anymore.

What the hell did I even eat? Grilled snake? God I feel so upset-

-

Beomgyu entered his room which was directly opposite Haeun's. He plopped himself down on the couch, removing his leathered clothing and undoing couple buttons of his shirt. He was exhausted and a part of him was filled with guilt once more. It was like the day he tried killing her but stupidly failed. It was the same type of guilt and he couldn't quite fathom why he felt that way especially towards her.

"Was I too mean to her?"

"I don't want her to think I'm a good person when I'm not. I don't want to mislead her into seeing the good side of me when I'm already so fricking disgusting. She just needs to see me as the horrible person I am. What good would it be if she finds out the truth? If anyone finds out the truth..."

"I don't deserve to be loved."

"He's right. I'm a monster."

"She hates me. Father hates me. My own people hate me. I'm already a monster."

"D-does Kai hate me...?"

"They all probably hate me."

"I deserve it."

-

November 7th,
It's still been under 3 weeks since I've been here but I can confidently say I made no progress. Right when I thought life was going reasonably well this freak switches over and crushes my hope. Thankfully I have the patience for this pest and I'm not giving up on that money.

Can you believe it?? He called me annoying! Like it's true, I am, but that did somewhat hurt! Ugh, him and his bloated ego!

Youngjae..Jia. I'm so sorry for putting you guys through this. If only our parents were still alive...if only I wasn't this weak.

Why did they have to die?

Why them?

Why not me?

I'm doing such a terrible job at raising your daughter mother...and father. I leave her for weeks or sometimes months just to help make money for us. And how do I make money?

I kill people.

I think I deserve to be killed one day.

My sins can't be forgiven.

I don't deserve any of this.

Why didn't I die that day when I saved that little boy? Why didn't the man stab me? Why wait? Why give me time to recuperate? Why not just kill me?

I don't deserve to live after all of this.

Both of them were struck with despair, drowning in their own thoughts that slowly ate away at their souls.

All they needed to hear were those comforting words that once lingered in their past memories. All they needed were to be shown love and comfort, to be told everything would be okay and that their mistakes didn't sculpt them into a bad person.

As much as they hid the pain, it was still there, reminding them that they could never escape.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Wanna give both of them a hug rn tbh. :/
OKAY BUT- I'm proud of myself for being able to update this continuously- two chapters again in one day- wmxiwoxkwoejfeidmdi
I enjoy writing it so I don't mind🤌
I hope y'all are enjoying it tooooooo!

And I hope you're all safe and healthy! <3