𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𓆩𓆪......✎

Haeun isolated herself in her room, pretending to be entranced in deep slumber every time Beomgyu came to check up on her. She kept up this behaviour until it was midday the next day because she knew this was the only way she'd be able to escape the castle without having to worry about Beomgyu or her two friends stopping her. She couldn't f--k up anything about her plan now, and she certainly wasn't going to do anything stupid because she knew Beomgyu was quick to pick up things about her when she seemed off.  

The three males had their own quest to complete and even though the prince wanted to stay by Haeun's side until she woke up, he couldn't. Taehyun, Beomgyu and Kai were preparing for their standoff with the king, and they needed a secretive and safe way to get to Nethilor without attracting any attention. They couldn't risk using royal transportation because that would be too extravagant and eye catching. They wouldn't be able to make it out of Rivern without arousing suspicion. And if Minho was crazy enough to have spies planted in every Kingdom, they would be able to easily alert him of their whereabouts, defeating the whole purpose of their surprise attack. 

"Miss Haeun?", a hushed whisper of the girl's name echoed in the empty halls, followed by consecutive rapping on the door, "They just left. Beomgyu and the others are gone." Haeun sprung up from her bed, filled with an outburst of energy. They're gone! 

"Thanks, Jisung. Can you get the horse ready for me, please?" The assassin politely asked from behind the door, focusing her main attention on getting her gear ready, to leave. The boy replied silently with a 'yes', before disappearing into the halls to complete his task before anybody knew he was gone.

 Haeun was all set and ready to go. She had her holster strapped to her hip which secured her sword in place, she also had daggers strapped to her leg which were covered by her apparel that loosely hung from her body. Haeun's outfit was a mix of black and green. The cloak that was used to conceal her identity was jet-black, and her armored dress which had a full slit by her left leg was a dark green with patches of discolored fabric spreading across the material of the dress. She had leather gauntlets protecting her hands and arms, trailing up right before the groove in her elbow. This was necessary to protect her hands from any damage that were to be inflicted on them. The assassin also had a leather chest plate spanning from across her entire chest, engraved with silver carvings just for design. Her feet were adorned with light, yet tough leather boots that had straps on each side which allowed for small knives to be attached. If anything, Haeun would say she was underprepared because she forsook the idea of wearing more armor, especially pauldrons (shoulder armor), greaves (below the knee armor) and tassets (thigh armor). Even though she knew she was putting herself in a dangerous position by meeting the King alone, she wasn't afraid of confrontation with him. She wasn't scared of her abilities when comparing herself to him. Of course, she knew it wasn't going to be an easy fight, taking down Minho, but the assassin just wasn't anxious at all. 

"Miss Haeun, the horse is at the back, everything's ready—." Haeun haphazardly swung the door open, accidentally slamming it into the wall, creating a ruckus. "Oh fuc- I mean-! Shoot!" The girl rubbed the back of her head awkwardly, sighing in disappointment. "Anyway, thanks Jisung, you really helped me out a lot." Haeun smiled softly at the butler in front of her, admiring the fact that he was so pretty and seemed like he was around her age. "You're welcome, Miss." 

"Well Mr. Park, I'll be leaving. Please ensure they don't know I'm gone if they reach back before me, okay? You'll be rewarded for your hard work, if that helps to motivate you!" Haeun beamed with a childish smile as she made her way out the back of the castle, waving off at Jisung. The boy just shook his head and laughed, watching her disappear in the endless halls.