𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

══☆⌒*

Forty-three

ˏˋ°•*

What the hell-

I-

What's that supposed to mean??

"Your sole existence must be to confuse me, my heart and my mind, love."

What the hell is that supposed to mean, Mr. Choi Beomgyu!?

Haeun placed a hand over her heart, aggravated by the sudden pounding in her chest that wouldn't go away. Beomgyu had dropped that major bomb and practically vanished without a trace, leaving the assassin all alone to decipher what he truly meant by that.

"Miss Soojin? Is something the matter?" The sudden toned down voice of the maid who was with her before, now reappeared.

The assassin spun around, eyeing the maid with eyes that was swirling with confusion. What does he mean? Does he know what I am? Is he going to execute me? Report me to his father? God I'm so fucked-

"Yes, I need assistance with my dress." Haeun retracted back into the room, brushing past the curtains slowly. She was still in a striking daze due to Beomgyu's words and it was greatly affecting her. She still felt the warmth of his breath fanning her neck and the way his soft lips grazed the shell of her ear. She couldn't forget how damn close he was to her and the way she felt when his hands were placed on her hips.

What the hell am I thinking about- Haeun snap out of it!

"No need to worry Miss Soojin. I will make sure you walk into the banquet looking like the main meal everyone wants."

-

"Greetings everyone. Kings, queens, Princes, Princesses, Mages and you lot all gathered here today, I wish you all a wonderful evening."

"I, your host, Lee Minhyung welcomes you to yet another annual royal banquet. I do hope you all enjoy your time here and I sure hope new ties are formed and allies are made. For the time being, I hope you all enjoy your time on the dance floor."

After his introduction speech, Mark left the guests to enjoy themselves. He walked down from the staircase that was carpeted in red and gold with his emerald green suit flowing behind him, glittering in the light shining down on him.

Beomgyu, Kai and Taehyun were already present in the hall for his commencemt speech along with other guests but out of the three, one of them couldn't stop themself from looking around. Beomgyu was constantly checking every corner for someone-unfortunately, it wasn't someone he wanted to even think about in the first place.

Beomgyu was looking for Minji.

Though he wanted nothing to do with her, he couldn't defy his father or ignore the king's orders so instead of just not speaking to her, he was going to plainly state the truth to her.

The prince's jaw tightened as his eyes fell upon the girl's figure leaning on a wall talking to someone Beomgyu wasn't familiar with. They both exchanged glances and without muttering a single word to each other, Minji quickly made her way over to the prince. It was like she knew he wanted to talk to her without him having to even say anything to her.

"Hello, your highness." The girl smiled politely, bowing to the boy in front of her.

"Greetings Minji. I'm sure you know why I called you over. We have to talk about-"

𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 || Choi Beomgyuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें