𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

Haeun clumped up the fabric of her shirt in her hands as she gripped her growling stomach. The Inn had disappeared behind them as they finally continued their journey back to the castle. The girl was resting her head on the frame of the window, inhaling deep breaths of the fresh air which helped calm the nauseating feelings she felt.

Her headache had died down and now all that the girl felt was dreadful hunger.

I can't believe I yelled at him like that and he also yelled back at me but then proceeded to carry me in his arms? What the hell even happened-

I'm annoying and a pain yet right now he keeps stealing glances at me?

The absolute confusion-

"Okay are you gonna at least say something or just keep staring at me like that?" The assassin finally managed to ask after catching him glancing at her for the fifth time.

Beomgyu shifted in his side of the seat, looking away from the girl.

"Here." He stretched his hand out, holding up a paper bag for the girl to take.

Haeun eyed the bag suspiciously before taking it from his hold. Inside, there were pastries of all kinds and a cup of coffee perfectly sealed up in the bag.

"You had this all along and didn't think about giving it to me earlier?! Bro I'm freaking starving!"

"Yeah well I wasn't the one who randomly ate the crap someone sold at a black market and got sick, now was I?" Beomgyu stated rhetorically, rolling his eyes at the girl who was now stuffing her mouth with the pastries. Haeun simply rolled her eyes back at the prince and continued to devour the delicious food in front of her.

Is this what he went into the Inn for after carrying me? Hmph, didn't know he could be this thoughtful.

"At least a thank you would do", The prince mumbled casually, turning his head away from the girl.

"Jeez, thanks for basically saving my life once more. I'll be sure to pay you back since that's how stuff works around here."

Beomgyu just scoffed, keeping his gaze out the window while Haeun did the same.

I can't believe I got yelled at by this girl twice. TWICE. Both times I couldn't even properly defend myself. Why is she so hard to handle? She's got me talking so much-! I hate her but I feel bad at...myself.

I don't even fricking know what I feel.

This girl is trouble.

-

"It's done. Let's go." Haeun heard two faint voices coming from inside her parents' room.

"Mom? D-dad?" The little girl called out, hesitantly taking steps forward towards the door which was slightly pushed open.

All the girl could see was blood and just more blood everywhere. Her eyes slowly trailed over to the two bodies on the floor which were that of her parents.