𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

𓆩𓆪......

"You know, you do the most unpredictable shit sometimes."

"Get your ass up." Haeun ordered in a slightly irritated voice. She was surely under a lot of stress due to the fact that the house seemed to be empty with no signs of Jia or Youngjae and that worried her to a great extent.

"Fine. Fine." Beomgyu got up and dusted off himself with a pained expression flexing at his tightened jaw. He knew she was a bit mad at him but she wasn't going to say anything to him.

"Where are they?"

"Where could they have gone? Did Minho find them and take them??? He did threaten me, stating that he would find my sister and 'pay her a visit'....Beomgyu do you think your father has them?" The assassin rambled off uncontrollably, stricken with grieving anxiety and agitation. She was on edge. She was pacing the kitchen, sliding the dagger she retrieved from the floor along the skin in her palm.

Beomgyu took Haeun by the shoulder, drawing her closer to him. "Hey, hey...lets not panic. I'm sure they're okay. We'll find them, alright? I'm sure your sister and Youngjae are safe." Beomgyu tried his best to flash her a reassuring smile to help cheer her up but he too was struck with distress.

What if Minho really had gotten to them and captured them? What if he's torturing them as of right now?

"Hey, let's sweep the entire house properly before we leave. I'm sure they must have left something behind or maybe there's some clue lying around that will answer the question as to why they disappeared." The prince spoke softly in a manner that eased Haeun of how concerning the situation was at large.

Haeun only nodded in response, lowering her gaze down to the dusty floorboards beneath her feet. Her eyes were quick to catch a glimpse of something unusual. A small piece of golden string was sticking out from under the wooden boards. It was quite an unexpected occurrence but everything about its position and placing made sense to the girl. Assassins think alike.

"There's something under there. Help me get it out." Haeun stated dully, kneeling down on the unclean floor and digging her nails into the slightly lifted up wood. Beomgyu followed her, quickly catching onto the situation at hand. He helped her pry the entire floorboard off, revealing a paper tied with a golden string.

Haeun hastily grabbed it, snapping the thread in half without putting any effort. It was a note.

They're watching.
He's watching.
Somebody's watching us.
I can feel it. Sense it. Hear it.
Haeun, somebody is spying on us. I don't know who the hell it is but this isn't safe for Jia.
You know I'd risk my life for this girl, so please, I hope you're safe too because I won't be there to save you too.
Be safe.
I'm taking Jia to my hometown in Rivern. She'll be safe there. Don't worry about us, worry about yourself first.

Haeun crumpled the paper in her hand, staggering back as a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Exhaustion kicked in, making her legs buckle unexpectedly. Before her body could hit the cold floor, hands were wrapped around her securely, saving her from getting bruised.

"T-they're alright..thank g-god." The assassin whimpered out weakly before completely passing out in Beomgyu's arms.

-

Soft whispers echoed throughout the dimly lit room Haeun woke up in. She slowly and gently hoisted her upper body up, bracing it against the back of the headboard of the bed to keep her balanced. She groaned, holding her head as a sudden shockwave surged through her body unexpectedly. With days and days of no proper rest of course something like this would happen, especially after being stressed out due to the wellbeing of her sister.

𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 || Choi BeomgyuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara