𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

══☆⌒*

Thirty-nine

ˏˋ°•*

"Why did you say that? Am I really going? Why didn't the king oppose?"

Haeun couldn't stop herself from throwing questions at the prince. She shuffled silently in the chair, setting herself more comfortable and closer to Beomgyu so she could hear him properly.

Ever since they had sat down together, she noticed that the boy seemed distressed for some reason.

The downed royal expelled a faint sigh, leaning back into the soft cushioned chair with his head cocked up. He stared at the ceiling above him for quite some time, quietly gathering his thoughts. His eyes sheepishly trailed over the white surface above him, mind in a contemplating mess as he bickered with himself wether or not he should be true to her.

Beomgyu's shoulders rolled back, slightly relaxing into the comfort of the silence around him. Haeun was quick to catch on to the atmosphere brewing in their midst, simply indulging herself in the tranquility of the mood. She gave Beomgyu all the time he needed.

"Listen it's okay if you don't want to come, but... I'd really appreciate it if you do. If I'm being honest, I- I like you..er well we all like you: Taehyun, Kai and I, and it would be such a bummer if we left you all alone for the two days by yourself. And I know how suffocating the castle can be at times and you probably miss your family...and your sister so why not go out and explore and see the world a bit? I don't want them being mad at me for keeping you cramped up in here every single day."

Beomgyu laughed nervously, pricking through the light awkwardness that began blanketing them. His eyes would conventionally trail over to Haeun's figure sitting beside him but never once could he manage to maintain eye contact with the girl.

"You can come with us if you want. It doesn't matter if you're a royal or not, I'll find a way to let Mark allow your presence. If I'm being honest, I think he'd definitely like you!" Beomgyu changed the temperament of his voice, leaving a spur of cheerfulness intertwined in it. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or awkward due to his change in tone or demeanor but he already felt like he was failing to do so.

The two individuals were left sitting in a momentary silence, both being caught up with the complexity of the thoughts in their separate minds. Deep down, the assassin knew that sitting here with him was a major turning point. She had a gut feeling that after her interaction with him tonight, something would be different, something big would happen.

"Beomgyu... I'd love to tag along! Especially with you three! You guys are honestly amazing, and you're all funny and just, perfect."

"I've grown close to you all and if I'm being honest, I really cherish our friendship. I've never had this much fun in my life..." Haeun trailed off subconsciously, reminiscing over all the recent memories she made with them. Though it might've been a short time, it was still somewhat meaningful to her.

At this point, I don't know if I could do it anymore...if I could betray you all anymore. I've grown too much to like your company that I find it hard picturing myself completing my mission I was tasked with.

Beomgyu couldn't help but genuinely smile at the words that escaped from her lips. Though it was a small smile and her words were limited, it meant a lot to him deep down.

"What worries me is the fact that the king would say something like that to you..and why didn't he oppose of your idea?" Haeun asked, wistful of an answer from the prince.