𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

══☆⌒*

Thirty-six

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

December 24th,
I don't think I've had this much fun in my entire life. I know I'm enjoying this way too much and I'm gonna hate myself for when I have to betray them but family comes first. Jia comes first. She's all I have...

Ah fuck, why does life throw such harsh choices at you and expect you to pick a path which would be best for everyone even if it's not what you want.

What would happen to me if any one of them finds out? Would they execute me? What would happen to Youngjae and Jia? I can't let them get hurt-!

"Mind if I sit?" A low voice mumbled, snapping Haeun out of her thoughts. The girl shuffled on the ground, slightly shifting her body down so Beomgyu could sit next to her.

She quickly slammed her diary shut, unsure if Beomgyu saw bits of what she just jotted down.

"I hope I'm not prying, but who's Jia?" The royal asked plainly. "I-I wasn't intentionally snooping-! I just happened to see that name..." Beomgyu trailed off innocently, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Do I tell him?

"It's my sister." Haeun stated hesitantly. A part of her was telling her to not tell him the truth but the other half of her couldn't help herself. The Beomgyu she was faced with now was an entire different human being from how he first was. Now, the prince was calm, quiet, shy and cute. There were times when he would comfortably open up while Haeun was there. He would casually express himself in a way he never did before. He was truly accepting of her presence and had no problem with the girl anymore.

Now, how could he forget all of the hateful things he told her and what she told him? All the fights they had and the snide comments they would make and that night and it's after events...when Haeun had told him she only comforted him because she was obligated to. Of course the prince didn't forget that but deep down he felt like there was more to her answer. If she was just doing her job she wouldn't have even put effort into comforting the boy since being his servant was about helping him with his meals, obeying his orders and basically helping him whenever he called out to her. Being his body pillow and a person to cry on wasn't in her job specifications.

Maybe the only reason Beomgyu was feeling these things were because he was confused and didn't know how to channel his emotions towards others. Maybe because Haeun was there for him, Beomgyu felt the need to be grateful towards her, that's why he felt that way towards her. Maybe it was simply that and nothing more.

"I didn't know you had a sister.." Beomgyu admitted softly, fingers tracing over the hemming of his pants as he gazed down at the tiny grass beneath him.

"There's so much you don't know about me, Beomgyu." Haeun muttered dully, almost too incoherent for the royal to hear but he somehow did.

There's so much I want to learn about you... -Beomgyu

"Well how about you tell me about yourself. I know we didn't start off on the right foot, and I'm really sorry about that but it won't hurt to forgive me, would it? So, how about we start afresh?"

"Let's start over, Soojin."

"Do you still think I'm annoying?"

"I-..."

"Yah! You hesitated! You hesitated..!" Haeun repeated, nudging Beomgyu lightly, pressing a hand over her heart as she faked being hurt because of him.

"It's because I wasn't expecting for you to say that..!" Beomgyu defended, too stunned to say anything else. Haeun on the other hand was dying over how Beomgyu looked so worried and confused at the same time. She was just teasing him and he gave her the perfect reaction.