𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪......

Haeun had left the room in a hurry with her head down and eyes glued to the floor. Her mind was clouded with thoughts of her and Beomgyu. She still couldn't get past the guilt that coursed through her veins. She couldn't get past the fact that she made him end up like that...out cold for 2 entire days straight. She was so infatuated with her own thoughts that she didn't even realize someone was watching her every move since she had made her way to the lobby of the inn. 

Her body subconsciously propelled her legs to the direction of the door. She wanted to be in complete isolation and staying in a place like that was definitely not going to calm her nerves. She had no clue as to where she was going exactly but she just knew she needed to go someplace far away from the inn and fortunately for her, someone was already planning to assist her with that.

"Wh- what-", were all that was said through muffled sounds coming from the girl after she had accidentally bumped into someone quite familiar. A hand was placed tightly over the girl's mouth with a damp cloth that reeked of chloroform. Haeun's body was weakened in a matter of seconds due to the overcoming scent that was forcefully ingested through her nostrils. She couldn't fight back and even though she tried it was to no avail. Her body was slowly succumbing to the numbing anesthesia and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Gotcha...", were the last words the assassin heard before completely losing consciousness. 

"Where is this girl? Where did she go? Why did she even run off?!" Beomgyu was gradually getting irritated by the fact that she wasn't by his side and hours had passed. He couldn't stand not seeing her even if it was just for a few hours. He felt comfort in knowing that she was next to him so her being away from him definitely worried him greatly. 

He hastily paced the room, continuously telling himself that she was going to come back and that he was just being unnecessarily clingy. He was trying his best to keep calm and he knew she needed space for herself, so he wasn't going to disturb her by trying to find her. He was going to leave it. 

Yes. 

He was going to push past the fact that he was crumbling without her presence and was going to leave her alone. 

Because that was the best thing to do, right? Possessiveness and clinginess aren't cute, right?

-

While Beomgyu was fighting his inner demons Haeun was on the brink of passing out for a third time. Her lips were bloodied, and her arms and legs were bounded together to a chair by cold heavy chains and blood was stained dry on her forehead. Fresh cuts were displayed on her arms and her clothes were ripped in multiple places. Her head was pounding, and her eyesight was limited to abyss like darkness all around her. There was only a single source of light illuminating the room and it happened to be placed right above her head. The assassin's will to live had depleted immensely, but she was stubborn on not answering the questions that she was asked. 

"Of course, this would happen." 

"Of course. I knew it. I knew since the f--king beginning." 

"Everything was too f--king perfect." 

"Nobody's ever nice without a reason." 

"That's just the world we live in. Hahahahahaaa..." The chuckle at the very end of Haeun's sentence could send shivers down anyone's spine if they were to hear how terrifying it was. Her voice cracked in the stillness of the warehouse, and it was like a villain who lost everything and was fully aware that he was going to watch the world burn when he would get his revenge.  

"I hope you know, Beomgyu's the only reason why I didn't shove your f--king head down a toilet and gave you an endless swirlie." The girl had the brightest smile plastered on her face as she watched the male's silhouette that was lingering in the darkness. 

"I'm only going to ask this one more time. Where's the pendant?" 

"Can you shut up about that damn pendant already!" Haeun threw her head back effortlessly, her hair hung over the back of the chair, still messy. A smile once again was etched on her lips. "If it wasn't for that damned thing I wouldn't even be here." A monotone of a sigh escaped from her quivering lips as she looked up at the figure that was now towering above her. 

"WHERE IS IT?!" The hand of the male collided with the assassin's cheek, making it even redder than before. 

"Come on Yeonjun, what's with the impatience?" Haeun stated sarcastically, locking her eyes on the male who was slowly losing control of the situation. 

"Mad you're not gonna please Minho? How much is he really paying you, eh? B-tch really offered me 100 million won just to kill his son. He could have at least showed that he cared and made it higher but damn..." 

"You sure can talk so f--king much." Yeonjun retorted in annoyance, kicking the chair the girl was strapped to, making it fall to the cold floor. 

"Hey I'm just trying to entertain myself because you sure aren't doing a good job." Haeun laughed but winced when her face was starting to burn because of the freezing concrete floor. 

"Just tell me where the goddamn pendant is! If you do that...I'll let you live." The brown haired male shouted. His eyes grew darker as each passing second went by. He was on his toes, stooping down to the girl's level just so that she could look at him in his face.

"Why don't you take these off", Haeun's eyes gestured to the chains before continuing, "and we'll find out where the pendant is."

The male shifted back as soon as his eyes were locked with hers. Haeun's eyes were glowing with the murderous intent to kill and Yeonjun could feel it radiating from her and it frightened him even though she was the one in chains.

"You're so lethargic. Is it because you know your cute little honey bee won't find you down here?" He quickly tried to mask his fear, obtaining control of the situation once more.

"Oh don't you worry about my Beomgyu. When he finds you, you're going to be sorry you ever touched me." Haeun giggled before breaking eye contact with her captor.

Yeonjun backed away completely, picking himself from off of the floor.

"Whatever. I can do this all day."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·