𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

𓆩♡𓆪......✎

Haeun sat in the bathtub for an excessively long time, inspecting all the bruises on her body that were 'fresh'. It wasn't odd or appalling to her that her skin was tattooed with such horrible scars because each scar held some significance to her life. It reminded her of all the hardships she had to endure and all the lives that were lost because of her very own hands. She hated it as much as she somewhat admired it. It was there as a reminder of how hard she was working to avenge her parents' and raise her own sister but it also served as a unchangeable reminder that she was just a cold blooded killer.

"Haeun? Are you okay in there?" The voice of the royal seeped in from behind the bathroom door, laced with concern. "I'm right here if you need anything. Just ask."

The assassin let out an exasperated exhale. She felt bad for Beomgyu. The male had sunken cheeks and dark circles around his eyes. It clearly showed that he hadn't been sleeping properly for days and it ached Haeun's heart a little because this was all her fault.

If I hadn't gotten kidnapped...none of this would have happened. Beomgyu wouldn't be like this! I wouldn't look like this! I look so...terrible!

Haeun dragged herself out of the tub, wrapping her now shivering body with the towel that was provided for her. Beomgyu was still on the other side of the door in her room. How was she to get her clothes if he was still lingering there?

She was hesitant to open the door, mostly because of the fact that nobody had ever seen so much of her bare body. The same body that was showered with scars and gashes that looked unpleasant, especially due to her contrasting skin colour that made it pop more. She didn't want Beomgyu to see her like this. He would be disgusted to see my skin, with all these marks, wouldn't he?

"Uhhh, Beomgyu? Is it okay if I asked you to leave?" The girl mumbled quietly, nervousness flushing through her veins. What if he thought she was being weird? What if he would question her as to why she was requesting such a thing? "I just, I'd rather have some time alone right now, if that's okay." Her voice broke out, tramping with the feeling of uncertainty and nervousness.

The boy behind the door stopped his pacing, tilting his head to the side as he listened to her request. "Is everything...alright?" He approached the door with a face of worry and concern. Why the fuck did I ask that when she clearly just wants some time by herself-! God, I'm so stupid! The royal cursed himself in his mind, irritated at the fact that he was probably being a bit too clingy at the moment.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just want some privacy." Haeun explained calmy. "Yeah no problem!" He blurted out hastily, feeling the need to bang his head against the wall for how stupid he sounded. "I'll be in the main hall when you're done, okay?"

The royal facepalmed, embarrassed at the way he acted a few seconds ago. He was almost halfway out the door when he instinctively turned around, now remembering that he had something to tell her. "Hey, just letting you know I left some-" His words were cut short and his mouth was left agape, frozen in place. His hands dropped to the sides of his body as he just blankly stood in the doorway, facing the assassin whose presence had now blessed the room. She turned to him in shock, staring back at the male that had unreadable eyes, piercing through her scared ones.

No no no no, he can't see me like this. He can't see my bare body like this-!

"Haeun your-"

"Please don't." Her voice cracked out shakily as her eyes fled the scene, pinning them on something else. Her vision was limited to the floor and her hands naturally snaked around her body, trying her best to hide the scars the towel couldn't cover. "I know, its disgusting to look at. Unsightly even. So don't-"

Beomgyu felt like his heart was being stabbed with a blazing hot dagger when he heard how broken she sounded. There was no way he could possibly leave the room with her in this state.

He slowly stepped closer to her, clicking the door shut behind him. He watched as her body pulled back, inching further away in what seemed like discomfort and humiliation. His heart now felt like it was being ripped out of his chest and stomped on with no remorse.

The girl still had her head down and her lower body was now bracing on a miniature cupboard that was as high as her hips. The towel that cloaked her body was cut short above her knees, exposing her bare thighs that had a prominent slash running across it. The sides of her lower limbs were covered in small gashes that were a tone darker than the normal colour of her skin. More and more scars, marks, even small missing chunks of Haeun's body were now exposed to Beomgyu's eyes. Beomgyu couldn't see it yet but in center of the assassin's back there were circular shaped marked that were burned into the girl's back. It was from those traditional cigarettes. Cigarettes. Burned into her back. And of course the most famous mark of them all. The one she got from a bear. The list of marks and scars could go on and on, each holding a different story to tell.

The prince's eyes softly traced Haeun's skin, taking in everything he possibly could. His eyes couldn't peel itself away from the marks on her face, the busted lips or even the slightly swollen cheek. Thanks to some ointment that Taehyun had on hand and the castle's nurse, most of the wounds caused by Yeonjun had disappeared or had been reduced to almost nothing that the naked eye could see.

Beomgyu focused his attention on the girl that was quivering before him, trying his utmost best to not go overboard with his emotions that he was struggling so hard to control.

"Oh love, these marks on your perfect body hinders nothing about your enchanting beauty." Beomgyu gently lifted Haeun's chip up so that she could look directly at him as he spoke. His thumb traced her cheek softly and his hand was now planted by her ear, gracefully tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's not unsightly or disgusting. Matter of fact its quite the opposite. It reminds your soul of how hard you've worked just to protect those whom you love. To some it might be scary, but to me, to someone who truly understands, it just adds more to your breathtaking perfection."

"I can't manage to take my eyes off of you."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/N
Next chapter they're definitely getting down to business *wink wink*