𝟓𝟕.

❛ 𝑶𝑵𝑳𝒀 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑹𝑨𝑽𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐍𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐓𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐄 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭

❝ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑩𝑨𝑫 𝑩𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑫
𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕

❛ did you have to ruin what was shining? now it's all rusted ❜

        "𝑌𝑂𝑈'𝑅𝐸 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑂𝑁𝐿𝑌 one dying, Stiles."

Stiles opened his eyes. The last thing he could remember was being in the MRI scanner, listening to that horrible sound of what resembled metal hitting an anvil. He was standing in the middle of that same room, but it was darker, colder, and the window into the control room wasn't that.

"Look at what you're doing to her, Stiles."

That same raspy and deep voice was in his mind. Stiles stared ahead at the window and slowly walked towards it. On the other side, he saw a completely white room with white pillars and white tiles. Juno sat in the middle of it in a chair that looked like the ones in the hospital waiting room. She had her face in her hands as she sobbed.

"You're making her cry, Stiles."

Stiles watched his girlfriend get up from the chair and pace around in front of it. She was taking deep breaths, trying to calm down, but she was really struggling. Stiles's heart broke as he saw Juno's watering eyes, tears streaming down her face, and a clear panic attack starting.

"Why is she crying?"

"Any rational person who discovers their boyfriend has a very fatal disease with no cure would be."

Stiles's breathing hitched, now knowing for certain that he had the same disease his mother had. He ran a hand through his hair, stressed beyond belief, but he was more worried about Juno. Watching her sit up, sit down, pace, freeze, it was overwhelming. Juno was in a full panic and she didn't have the one person that helps her calm down.

Juno was in the car when her mother crashed it and ended up dying. Juno was the one who killed her father, which was beyond her control. Juno was the one that had to deal with her hero and idol, Fletcher, get arrested twice. Juno had to see her brother's dead body with a bullet wound in his head. Juno has in some sense lost her entire family and couldn't keep up with it. She finally found some stability with Stiles, she finally found something to hold onto and truly protect, but once again, it was being ripped from her.

"Juno's heart is withering away. You're hurting her, Stiles."

"I don't want to hurt her."

"Then answer the riddle."

Stiles turned around and was face to face with the Nogitsune. His horrible black spiked teeth, bandages like a mummy wrapped around his hands and face, and menacing voice was bone chilling. Stiles still didn't know the answer to this one riddle, it was quite literally starting to kill him.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?"

"I don't know."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?"

Stiles was practically shaking with fear, his hands uneasy and fiddling. He took a shakey and deep breath in, trying to figure it out, but he just couldn't. The Nogitsune began to unravel the bandages on his face very frantically, which only frightened Stiles.

"EVERYONE HAS IT, BUT NO ONE CAN LOSE IT! WHAT IS IT?! WHAT IS IT, STILES?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Stiles yelled back, putting his hands over his ears to block out the sound. Tears streaming down his face, his stress overwhelming and overflowing his mind. He couldn't think of the answer, he couldn't come up with it, all he was focused on was getting this voice out of his head. That was until something in his mind suddenly clicked. "...A shadow."

Stiles opened his eyes and looked right at the Nogitsune. His eyes have never been filled with more fear, but he had never seen anything so terrifying. The Nogitsune, there with his mask of lies removed, stood Stiles. The Nogitsune was in his mind, he had taken control. Stiles was left helpless.

•☽.⭒✻════◅∘≼↜.◦◦.↝≽∘▻════✻⭒.☾•

Juno had gone up to the roof  to get some air. She needed to be out and away from a busy hospital. Sheriff Stilinski had just told her that Stiles has the exact sickness they were terrified of and was completely overwhelmed. The tears had finally stopped falling and Juno's face was just puffy, her eyes were red, she just needed time to think.

Juno was taking deep breaths in and out as she paced around the roof. Everything was happening so fast and suddenly. One second, everything was peaceful and nice, but the next second, her boyfriend is dying and being controlled by a Nogitsune that wants to torture her.

While Juno was taking her little break, a voice had very suddenly startled her, "Hello, Juno."

She very quickly spun around, startled by the familiar voice of Stiles, but she had no clue how he would be speaking to her when he's supposed to be in a hospital room. Juno looked on and saw Stiles fully dressed now, a dark look in his eyes, and a cocky smirk that she had never seen him wear. Not like this at least.

"I just warn you in advance that Stiles and I are going to take a little trip. You won't see us for a few days, but don't worry, fun things will happen when we return. And a reminder, you say anything-" This void version of Stiles was warning, but Juno didn't need to hear the threat again, so she cut him off, "You'll cut off his head. Yeah, I know."

"You learn quickly, it's quite impressive." The Nogitsune as Stiles began as he sauntered towards her. "If only your intelligence could be appreciated. But, you know, the one person who appreciates your mind will die soon. How unfortunate."

Juno glared at him with a clenched jaw. It was taking everything in her power not to hurt him, but she knew that this was still Stiles in some sense. She hurts the Nogitsune, she hurts Stiles. Which is a shame since she wanted nothing more than to drive a blade through the Nogitsune's heart.

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘

a/n

sorry this chapter was so short, i needed to get some parts out of the way before much bigger chapters, but i hope you guys still liked it!