Chapter 43: Officer Down

Hondo woke up early the next morning to get ready for work. Seconds later he's in our kitchen making breakfast. Coffee is going through it's process by the stove. My hot chocolate is mixed and left on the counter for me.

" Good morning Baby girl," he hands over my drink with a kiss.

" Morning Hondo," I replied.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. This is copied by our teammates. I enjoyed my hot chocolate. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our dinner.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. My dad went into the locker room to put away our stuff and change. I am just hanging out in the gym area. The Peanut Gallery arrived greeting each other and me.

All of them head to the briefing room that morning. I am in my corner listening to everything. Assignments are handed out. Come home to me in one piece. For the both of us are hard at work.

Black Betty heads off to their mission that morning. Everyone is out and in formation now. They split up in three groups of two. We have a Rabbit. Captain America chases that person down. In the ear piece they are trying to get him to respond.

"Street Are you there?" Deke asked.

No answer. Deke tried once again. He got the same answer. Officer down he mentioned through his com.

Seeing all the color that is draining from his friends face. Can't really breathe right now. We need a medic. Meanwhile back over at headquarters where I am working with Captain. Something is wrong with my brother.

The medic is putting Captain American in the ambulance. My brother is still struggling to breathe.

" I will ride with him," Peggy told them.

"Okay," The team answered.

Deke and Tan follow behind them.

As for Luca took Black Betty to headquarters. I am picked up that morning.

"T already knows ,"Captain Cortez told them.

We went to our respected places. Hondo got my go bag removing the laptop. As for Luca just put his roommate's belongings in a plastic bag. They met up again with me in the hospital parking lot. My big brother opened my bag to add his change of clothes and two super hero pj pants.

Johnny arrives a few seconds later. He greets everyone else in the waiting room. Deke is trying to calm me down on the other side of it. I can't and run off. Minutes after that I asked a hospital staff member where the church is. They gave me the directions and I told them Thank you.

Meanwhile back in the waiting room with the others. Deke is the first one to speak I have a good guess where she is and it is not his room. I am dancing on the stage for a long time. Of course Deke is observing the way my body is moving. After a while I am very hot so I sit down in a pew.

Deke joins me. Wow !!! I didn't know that you can dance. I was a dancer before getting into law enforcement. Within seconds I started to hyperventilate. Street is strong you know that right. He wouldn't like to know that you're freaking out about his condition.