Chapter 70

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Luca pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locker room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning, Luca," they told him.

" Morning guys and Chris," he replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek.

Seconds later all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins her in there. He grabs both the tablet and com. Both of them are in command together.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places.

" How are the Kids?" Deke asked.

" They are good. I don't know what they are going to do yet today," he replied.

Luca pulls into their call.

I drove over to Graceland that morning. The car is parked in my former driveway. Later on, we walked down to the beach together. BD is let out of the apartment soon. He settles between us on the stand. This time is treasured by me because I haven't seen him in a long time.

Minutes after that I turned to my brother, I am going to return your favor. This is our dog BD. If you're using flip flops around him, be careful. My brother pets him. Both of us have a new friend for you. I have to set up a play date with your dad.

I am going to walk BD home. Of course, BD, is in front of us. We got to Abby's apartment door. I knocked on it. She answered the drink to let us inside.

BD runs to his bowl to cool off. This one is going to convince you to get me to let him drive home. I walked to her bathroom. Your sister knows you really well. She's been driving me everywhere since I got home. Mike told me about your injury it was really bad.

Greetings are exchanged between us. I drove us home. Seconds later the car is parked in our driveway. Both of us walked to the door. I opened it for us to go inside the house. Captain America locks it behind us.

The pair of us head to the bathroom to change that afternoon. I walked into our room dressed and sat on the bed. Duke is right behind me. We are waiting for Captain America to come out the bathroom. All of us went into the family room together.

Black Betty is full of cop that are sweaty and tired. It is parked in front of the building. They took quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family wished that they could rush me.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California. Everyone took out our food to eat. The team sat down around the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and put the dirty dishes in our sinks.

Graceland is your favorite place in California other than headquarters. Yeah, I love it a lot. It's very relaxing on the beach. Surfing is amazing despite my drowning. Our bonfire for afternoon hangout.

You forgot that your family and Abby are there. The drop is the place to just chill. I miss living there too. Dreamer, you know that you can still go. I can't go upstairs because I am now a civilian.

The team changes their clothes in our locker room. Everyone else grabs their belongings. A good percentage of them exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca is the only one to stay quiet. They talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo drove himself home. We put down their bags by the door. I took a quick bath to change. Meanwhile back with Hondo cooking at the stove. The tables are also set group wide.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats. Our drinks are juice for the kids and some beers for us. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boy's vs girls' groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to our room to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot.

" Goodnight, guys," I told them giving each a kiss.

" Night Sis," they answered.

There's a quick bathroom break. I jumped to bed. Simba is now in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

Dreamer took me to Graceland today. Actually, it was the beach that the house is located on. I finally met his dog while we were over there. Duke has a new friend. As for Abby sends her regards.

The team is still in the family rooms with the team still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.