Chapter 69

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten their bedrooms that morning. The guys are up and moving around the house. I am still in bed. Duke quietly switches the side of bed that he's on. Knowing that Captain America left the room.

Captain America went into their kitchen. I don't think that Dreamer wants to go in court again today.

" Where is our Fairy Dust?" His roommate asked.

" She still sleeping," he replied.

Maybe we should let her decide on this decision.

I woke up reaching back to ruffle my brother's hair. No cell phone between the pillows. Seconds later I walked into the bathroom to neaten up myself before going into the family room. Duke like usual falls into step behind me.

" Good morning sis," The guys greeted.

I signed back to Captain America" Morning Guys."

Of course, In his normal fashion told my wrists to kiss them.

Seconds later I grabbed my hot chocolate after sampling some of his coffee. We exchanged kisses with each other. I set the kitchen table then sat looking at them.

"When did you have time to learn Sign Language?" Luca inquired.

"Fiona taught me the other day when they came over," he replied.

Breakfast is promptly served at 8:00 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of us head to the cars and trucks. Our driveways and houses are now left vacant. Everyone else went to their missions.

SWAT and Graceland met up at the count house with Abby. Everyone greeted each other and went inside. The judge is settled on her bench. As for Bates is on the stand. Our case starts in a few minutes.

I requested an Uber that morning. Uber drops us off in front of the building. Both of us walked into the building together. I went upstairs to Dr. Wendy's office. Tia you're here.

Most of the team is at the courthouse. We needed to talk through what happened yesterday at court with you. Street is with Captain Cortez and Commander Hicks. Let's get started then with your counseling. I am ready.

Bates was looking at me dead in the eye. I just stayed in the room for the greeting then left. Ran out of there like an Olympic runner. It was really hard for me since all the memories came rushing back. Interrogation rooms are my thing not court rooms.

Dr. Wendy POV

Her counseling session isn't really over this morning. Tia needs to work through a lot. I know that she will get there one day. She has a lot of help with the teams and me by her side. I can see that she scared. At least she is talking about it.

Tia is currently curled up asleep on my couch. It been at least a couple minutes. She looks very comfortable. "Duke," she mumbles. I have to make a note to ask Street about that.

I am reading through her medical files. The FBI had sent it over with her brother Mike. Mike is referred to as her comforter like Street is for her in SWAT. Of course, that is the only fact that I don't know. Everyone else knows this about them.

End of POV

Soon after that Captain America joins us. He carefully makes room for himself on the couch resting my head on his lap. Tia has already told me about her day in court. We found her in the bathroom. Our sister just finished puking.

Luca thinks that it's stress related. I told him that we will ask you. Every so often she gets stressed. She is always here and it's not like she is in the field with us. Captain Cortez need the help.

Panic attacks happens we just let her sleep it off. Tia just whispered Duke. He is Luca's dog. Our sister calls him our dog or in other words her dog. If she isn't up under us that's how he is with her.

Meanwhile back over at the courthouse where the judge is wondering where I am. The jury is still deliberating. One of the jurors stand up to give the verdict. Guilty. The bailiff walked out of the room with him.

Captain America is still talking with her. I see that your sister is pretty comfortable with you. This is just normal.

" Does Chris know?" she inquires.

" Yes, she does and she's okay with it," he replied.

I felt his fingers through my hair.

I am awake rubbing the remaining sleep from my eyes. He took my wrists to kiss them. Dr. Wendy didn't comment on the action. I got up for a snack. Kitchen bound for me.

Soon after that we are Long Beach that afternoon. As I pulled into our driveway. I opened their door for us to go inside. Captain America closed the door. Of course, Duke runs to greet us.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We went out on the back porch. I know about the court proceedings. Jim is keeping me in the loop.

" Aren't you supposed to be there today, T?" He asked.

"Yes, I am but I didn't want to see him again," I replied.

This week had been hell for me. First my mom's death anniversary then seeing Bates again. I am ready for some fun. Don't really care what it entails. My brothers are supposed to be planning that for me.

I went inside to play a few rounds of pinball. Duke is laying by the machine. As Captain America went to sit on the porch. The guys continues where I left the conversation off. Let's just slow it down Jim.

Moments after that I am on my computer at their kitchen table. I worked on three different stories. Duke is sitting by his bowls. Eventually the guys came into the family room again. They are on the couch again. As my stories are saved now and the computer is turned off for the day.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats. Our drinks are juice for the kids and some beers for us. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boy's vs girls' groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to his room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight, T," they told them.

" Night guys," I replied giving me kisses.

One last stop to my bathroom. I jumped into bed. Pedro is waiting for me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

Buck sticks around to hang out with my brothers. They are just chatting with each other. My brothers noticed his concerned looks. I don't like seeing her like this guys. We agree with you.

Seconds later Duke walks into our room. He laid on my side of the bed. Buck is getting ready to go home.

"Goodnight Buck," they told him.

"Night guys," their former team leader replied.

Meanwhile the team is still up watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their rooms. Everyone joins us soon in dreamland that night.