Chapter 130: Flashbacks

A long string of flashbacks are cued in my head. The criminals that I previously arrested that currently pay rent in my thoughts. Captain America slowly pulls me closer, sensing something wrong. I laid on his chest letting his heartbeat lull me back to sleep. As he scared my fears away.

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten our room. Luca woke up to get ready for work. Soon after that he went into the kitchen to make breakfast. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Captain America started to get up. I stirred a little from that movement.

" Give me a few more minutes," I begged.

"It's your fault if we're late to work and school today," Captain America replied.

At least you can be nice to me, I'll tell Peggy.

"Good morning Sis," they greeted.

" Morning Bros," I replied.

Our apartments and houses are noisy. I put together our bag lunches with our names on it. My hot chocolate is handed to me. Within minutes our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat down in our assigned seats at the tables. ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

I will text you when I get there to let you guys know that I got there safely.

A few minutes after that I went to my morning class. My classmate and I sat down at our workstation. Our classroom was full that morning. Attendance is taken by the teacher. Classwork is explained and handed out. We worked on it together.

Minutes after that Captain America finds both Hicks and Cortez. I would do armory duty or paperwork for the next few days. Your sister will need some pain relief. Ok we will let you stick around here. I am happy to hear that Cortez and Hicks.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locker room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning Luca," they told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," he replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek.

Texting

Me: At school

As Captain America looks down at his phone for the text message. Dreamer got to school.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in regular places. As Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins them there. He grabs both the tablet and com. The three of them are in command together. My brother is using a different tablet.

Headquarters bound for me that afternoon. Seconds later I pulled into his spot in the garage. I put my stuff away in the locker room. Captain Cortez is waiting in the room with the tv. Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family, like usual, rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversations are going on throughout our group. After eating we threw away our trash in the bin.

As the team scattered around the building. The pair of us stayed in the kitchen. I am doing some school work. Captain America notices soon that I am not focused. He massages my back.

I let out a content hum with his motions. Seconds later I am half asleep on him. Erica walks in. She looks so peaceful. I know Erica, my sister was doing her homework. The laptop on the table gave it away.

Everyone grabbed our stuff. We exchanged greetings to each other. Hybrid Mike are the only ones that didn't say anything. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a 👻 town.

Hondo, like always, drove us home. We put down our stuff by the door. I took a quick bath to change. Meanwhile in our kitchen with Daddy cooking our dinner. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Seconds later I set the table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our usual drinks were beers for the grown ups and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to our room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to the family room. I am nice and comfy.

" Good night Dad," I told him.

"Night kid," he answered.

There's a short bathroom break. I jumped into bed. Pedro is in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. Seconds later I am sleeping. Meanwhile at my other house with my brothers talking. Duke is in his usual spot.

" Why has our fairy dust been all over you lately," Luca asked concerned.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he lied to his roommate.

My brothers finished their conversations.

The team is still up watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins us in dreamland that night.