Chapter 11: Food Trucks

PS: This isn't  the actual  Hector's  Tacos  food truck from the show.

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.
I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family, Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and truck. Our apartments and house are now left vacant.
We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. I took out my homework on the desk. Seconds later I handed it to Hondo. He went into the locked room to change.

Minutes after that I have the braces on. The team arrives one by one.

"Good morning Dreamer," Captain America greeted.

" Morning Captain America and Peanut gallery," I replied to them.

They gave me kisses on my cheek.

All of them head to the briefing room that morning. I am in my corner listening to everything. Assignments are handed out. Seconds later I see if Captain needs some help. Your help is always welcome T.

Soon after that, the team is in Black Betty. Of course, the usual four are in the back. Luca and Tan are in the front seat. Conversations are going on. Luca pulls up in front of the crime scene. All of them get into their positions.

Captain and I are working this mission from headquarters. She is telling me a little about the mission that they are working. I stood next to her taking it in. Captain hands me a table to look at the stats.

" Yeah, it is, T," she answered me.

Seconds later I am still holding the tablet as I went over to my desk. I worked on my homework. When I am done with that returned to help Captain. Both of us worked hard. Minutes after that Commander Hicks came to see us.

Black Betty is full again with tired and sweaty cops. It's finally parked outside headquarters. They went through their usual after mission routine. I took them off for a while. All of them rushed me for hugs.

Lunchtime is promptly at 12:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the trash in the bins.

The guys are plotting against me. Johnny and Mikey also did that when I lived at Graceland. Don't worry about it, T. It's probably something nice. I know that I am sounding very suspicious of them. Peggy kept talking me off the ledge.

"You look very glowing Peggy. Hasn't anything changed with you and Captain America?" I asked her.

"No everything is still the same," Peggy replied.

I will give it a few more days.

" Okay Chris, anything for you T," She told me.

Everything will be fine.

I know that you probably already ate from a good percentage of food trucks in this area. Our favorite truck at Graceland is Hector's. Johnny is going to pick me up for happy hour today. You guys join us and try it. By the way, the owner has a daughter named Jenny if you are interested.

Minutes after that after everyone grabbed out stuff. We exchanged our goodbyes to each other. I gave my bag to Hondo to take home. Of course, the very familiar orange jeep that I know and love drove into the parking lot. He greets the gang. You ready to go Cuddly.

"Yes, I am. The guys are following us there," I told him.

"Okay Cuddly, that's fine with me," he replied.

Taylor Swift is blasting from the radio. My twin gave you the CD. He didn't want to at first but I promised to give it back. All of us pulled in at Hector's to wait in line.

Our food orders are made for that evening. Johnny pays for the whole thing. You guys and the team have been taking very good care of my sister.

"Thank you, Johnny," they told him in unison.

" Your welcome guys," he replied to them.

The other day Mike bought this to headquarters for her. Jenny delivers our orders to the table. I see that you have some new faces. These are my coworkers from SWAT Luca and Street. Nice to meet you, Jenny. Luca thinks to himself Jenny's hot.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm. Everyone dished out their food to eat. Johnny, the guys, and I told each other how our days were at work. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away our trash in the bins.

Everyone else in the team broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Annie and Peggy cleared the tables and empty the dishwasher. Most of the guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Our trash bags are approaching the full point. All the kitchen is now clean and the lights are turned off.

All of us exchanged greetings with each other. The guys gave me kisses on the cheek and my wrists. I am going to take her home now. See you at home later Street. Luca drove towards our apartment.

Luca parks his truck in our driveway. The cop in him came out as he walked me to the door. As both of us are waiting for Hondo to open the door he also kisses me. One short conversation started between us. Seconds later Hondo answered the door.

Come in Luca we are not going to take no for your answer. Just came to drop off your pride and joy.

"Where is Street?" my dad asked concerned.

" He went home to be with Duke," Luca replied.

They had a drink with each other.

I went to my room to take a quick bath. Her brother Johnny just texted me. They took you out of dinner. He also told me that you're sweet on Jenny. Minutes after that I returned to the guys.

See you guys in the morning for work. He drove home that night. Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group.

" Goodnight Hondo," I told him.

" Night Baby girl," he replied kissing my cheek.

Minutes after that I went to bed. The team is still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Hondo threw away the empty bottles. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They head to their own room. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.