Chapter 114: Home part 2

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten my hospital room. Luca woke up to get ready for work. He went into the kitchen. Their coffee pot is on the counter. Minutes after that he made both his breakfast and lunch.

My brother has a great idea. I am going to make a pot of soup for T just in case. Luca tastes it before giving it one last stir. The pot is covered with it's lid. Their stove is turned off. Captain America joins him a few seconds later grabbing his coffee and taking out an extra mug for mom.

"Where's our sister?" He asked.

" In my bed with Simba," Captain America replied.

She looks so peaceful, and I couldn't find it in my ❤️ to wake her up yet. I will see her later.

Within seconds Luca is on his way to work. Mom finds their spare key to open the door. She puts purse and keys down on the table before taking the food and phone.

"Good morning Jim," she greeted.

"Charlie," he exclaimed.

She heads to the fridge to put the sauce away. Luca cooked a quick soup.

Luca is finally at work. He puts his stuff in the locker room while changing. Within minutes after that he went upstairs to the office area. Street wanted me to give this. Both of them will be here tomorrow.

I woke up to use the bathroom and freshen myself up. Duke follows me into the kitchen. He walks over to mom to give her some love and waits by his bowls. Seconds later I fill them for him. Later on, he sat over by the table.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I drank my hot chocolate. Later on, the mug in our sink. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

I took a quick bath to change. Duke sneaks into the bathroom to watch me. Later on, the pair of us went into the family room. As mom is sitting in the armchair. We are on the couch.

Soon after that we watched a few episodes of The Flash. I rested my head in his lap. Captain America grabs the blanket to throw it over us. Minutes after that my eyes get heavy. He looks at my mom. Dreamer is sleeping.

Her medicine is really working. Well, I am happy to hear that, Jim. All this rest is doing her good. I agree with you. This is probably from when I was in the hospital. They are still talking to each other. I signed Molly into his chest.

"Who's Molly?" Mom asked.

"The boss's daughter," he replied.

Both of them were there with your Captain.

Hondo drove himself to work. Minutes after that he puts away his food in the kitchen and then changes in the locker room. The guys did the same greeting with each other. Later on, they meet up with us.

"Good morning team," they greeted.

" Morning guys and Chris," Luca replied to them.

They gave her kisses on her cheek.

Everyone went into the briefing room. At least one teammate looks at my empty corner. The team talks it over with each other. Assignments are handed out.

" How is she doing today?" Deke asked.

" T was still sleeping when I left to come in this morning," he replied.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys and Peggy are in their places. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into the crime scene.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters that morning. Captain Cortez is working in the situation room. Hicks greets her. We have to keep an eye on Tia. Luca told me that this morning.

Black Betty full cops that are sweaty. It is parked outside. The team went to take their showers. A quick debrief is made in the locker room. They went to the kitchen. Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and we put our dirty dishes in our sink.

I am doing my schoolwork at the kitchen table. A story is finished and saved as my computer is closed. Mom puts the computer in our room. We are relaxing on the couch. Seconds later the tv is on.

Captain America has a protective arm around me. They had shared a glance with each other. Let's get you to the bathroom. I am over the toilet again. My water bottle is in reach. Everyone grabs their stuff from the locker room. They exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Luca is the only one that doesn't say anything. An extra five minutes happen. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo and Luca drove to their house. As my dad our stuff down by the door. Meanwhile in our kitchen is with daddy at the stove cooking. I took a quick bath to change. Seconds later I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our usual drinks were beers for the grown ups and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight Hondo," I told him.

" Night Babygirl , " he replied.

There's a quick bathroom break. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is already in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

My dad listened very carefully. As I whispered Jimmy.

Texting

Dad: Your sister wants you.

Jimmy: I am coming in a few minutes Boss

End of texting

Captain America pulls into our driveway that night. My dad answers the door to let him into the house. This is the soup that Luca made for her this morning. I am going to change. Seconds later he is in our family room.

As my soup is put in the fridge. They are watching the same tv show. Captain America yeah I know she is clingy. This is usually very different. I am the comforter. Seconds later he walks into my room. Captain America wraps me securely in his arms. My body molds into his toned one. I let out a content hum. As it is confirmed that it is him behind me.

Meanwhile back in the team is still up watching tv. As the laughter is dying down slowly now. Our tv sets and family room are turned off. The team heads to their own bedrooms. Everyone else join us in dreamland that night.