Chapter 76: Dog Park

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten their bedrooms. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

"Good morning, guys," I greeted.

They replied" Morning sis."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locker room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Daddy told me.

" Morning everyone," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek. Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins her in here. He grabs both the tablet and com. Both of them are in command together.

Our kids and Jon get to know Nate. Your mom here told me about you guys. Both of us are pretty musically inclined thanks to our parents. My brother is an All America like dad. Eventually it switch over to Jon.

All of us split up into two different cars. One dog and child per car. As Miranda stayed with Duke, Nate, and I. The other dog is with my brothers and son. We pulled into the dog park that morning.

The dogs are happy to be out of both the apartment and house. Duke and BD are enjoying the sun. We are on the bench looking at them. As the other guys are now talking together. I am looking at them.

An hour passed we load into the cars again. Miranda and I drove to Long Beach. I turned off the alarm system. Duke went over to his bowl for water. Seconds later I took a quick bath to change. Miranda turns on the tv.

Soon after that Mike and the guys pull into the parking lot of Hectors. Our order is ready for us. Jenny walks over to the car. Looks like you have some new faces for me today, Jim. They are just my foster brother Nate and his son Conner.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family missed hugging me.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversations are going on through out our group. After eating we threw away our trash in the bins and sinks.

The group of us are relaxing on the couch. Miranda and Conner are playing a few rounds of pinball together. As for our dogs are in a corner hanging out with each other. Eventually Captain America and I took our baths. Duke eating some food.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters the team grabs their stuff. Everyone says goodbyes to each other. Luca is the only one that doesn't say anything. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

I changed into the other outfit leaving that one folded on his bed. Most of us got ready to leave Long Beach. As Luca walks into their house. They put their bags by the door. Meanwhile in our kitchen Hondo is cooking our dinner. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Seconds later I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag.  Annie unpacks the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to our room to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite. I am nice and comfy.

Our kids their father on the porch.

"We went to move here to be here for Mom ," the kids told him.

" that sounds like a good plan," he replied.

Our kids are enjoying the sunset. I think that she would like that a lot.

All of them came inside again together. They are scattered around the family room. Mikey sat over by Nate on the armchair. The kids are sitting on each side of Duke and BD. As the kids are petting both of the dogs.

The visiting group exchanged their goodbyes. I gave my son the same ruffle of his hair as I do with Captain America. As Luca walks them to the door. They drove in their own directions. As Mikey told my brother what the kids shared.

" Goodnight ,guys," I told him.

"Night Dreamer and T," they replied.

The team is still in the family room watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.