Chapter 47

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brothers take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Moments after that the guys are now up and ready. As for Nate arrives that morning. I answered the door to let him in. Everyone greets each other. As Luca took out an extra mug for him.

Dreamer isn't the biggest fan of coffee. She only drinks it from me. All of us sat at the kitchen table. Of course Duke on the other hand is by his bowl. The conversations are shared between us.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. Luca's lunch in a bag with his name on it and took out our mugs. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our dinner.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. I put the lunches in our kitchen. Seconds later I handed it to Hondo. He went into the locked room to change.
The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them

" Morning guys and Chris," he replied.

They gave me kisses on my cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Captain Cortez pull aside my dad. The three of us will talk later in Hicks' My family says goodbyes.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Greetings are exchanged between them. Their bosses' are running things from headquarters. I told Hondo before they left we will have a meeting with him in your office. Cortez that sounds like a plan. The pair of them are working for a few hours.

A field trip is made to Long Beach.

" Who do you guys know in Long Beach?" Nate wondered.

" My best friend's mom," he replied.

We pulled into the driveway at the house. I will leave him with you.

Moments after that I rang the doorbell. Both of them answered the door. Nate joins me in the house. We greeted each other.

"This is my foster brother Nate," Captain America told them.

" Nice to meet you Nate. You're already family," they replied to him.

"Baby boy told me the next day," Mama T piped.

"Yeah I figured that much because he is her brother," He replied.

I watch him like a hawk. She is who got me and my son talking again. Oh, I know he told me. If you need any home cooked Mexican food tell Baby boy and I send it over. All of us exchanged our greetings to each other.

Soon after that Nate drove us home. We got to the front door. Captain America opens it and turns off the alarm. I turned around to see who was calling me. Marcos felt ignored. My brother looks at me after I locked the door. Captain America doesn't like the frown on my face. I think that Marcos just hit on you. Of course he did.

"Who is Marcos," Nate asked.

" Our annoying neighbor that pays attention to us for Dreamer," Captain America replied.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A longer debrief is made. The team miss giving their usual after mission hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The teams sat down in our assigned seats at the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put the dirty dishes in our sinks or threw away our trash in the bins.

Hondo went upstairs to the meeting with their bosses'. We noticed differences in T's productivity yesterday.

" I had to call her attention a few times," Hicks told him.

"She is used to knowing that Street is okay and here," Daddy replied to them.

Captain Cortez spoke up she decided leave. He is fine at home with either Charlie or Nate.

We are giving her a few days off to catch herself and take care of him. Luca is giving Dr. Wendy their address to see her. That's a good plan. Well usually she doesn't do house visit but for T she will change things around. Ok, I will see you guys later.

Everyone changed and grabbed their belongings to exchange goodbyes to each other. Luca didn't say anything. They talked exactly five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Luca and Nate switched places. He puts down his stuff by the door. Luca went to changed into home clothes. I cooked some dinner for us to eat. As for my Captain America took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Once Luca is in the room again sets the table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time.. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat down around the tables. Drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I went into Luca's room to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. There's two more beer bottles on the table.

" Goodnight guys," I told them.

"Night Sister," they replied with kisses in their respected areas.

I walked towards Luca's room to jump into bed. Wishing that Pedro is with me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. The other routine followed quickly behind it. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

Before I left our family room to them that Johnny and Mike are going to hang with us tomorrow. I know you boys will probably be playing video games most of the day. Johnny told me that mom is sending food. We will send her bowl back with the guys. I miss Charlie already. She's with Briggs you know that right.

I walked towards Luca's room to jump into bed. Wishing that Pedro is with me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. The other routine followed quickly behind it. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

The three of us went down to Long Beach to see Mama T. He met Mama T. Warning is stated in a few minutes. You're not going to like what I have to tell you next Luca. He hit on her when we got home. Dreamer will get to you before you get to Marcos.

Nate help me shower before you got home. They watch a few shows from a Netflix series.

"Are you in any pain?" His room mate asked.

"No, my pain relief is sleeping. I am good for now," Captain America replied.

The team still watching TV. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our TV sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins me soon in Dreamland that night.