Chapter 66: Questioning Bates

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. The guys woke up first that morning. Kitchen bound for them. Minutes after that I am right behind Hybrid Mike. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locker room to change.

The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," they told greeted.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave me kisses on her cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. It's usually rarely that I stand at the table. As for today it feels like one of those days. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. Our fairy dust started the downward swirl yesterday. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. She hands the tablet and com set to us. All of us are in command together. My brother took it from me.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. The conversation continued on the way to headquarters. We handled it together in the kitchen with hot chocolate. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out our lunches from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversation is going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away our trash in the bin.

The team created a semicircle around me. Both of my brothers are standing with me. Minutes after that one of our uniform officers walks in with Bates. Everyone else in front moves. My family doesn't say anything or pull me away from him .

I start throwing hard punches.

"You know there's a punching bag right there T," They worried.

"Johnny named me the official punching bag of Graceland," Wayne replied.

Minutes after that I ran to the locker room for my braces.

"She needs to cool off," my family told him.

Everyone else heads to the interrogation room. I sat down across the table from him. A short conversation starts. You did this to me.

"She's about to have another one," Captain America stated.

I left to go into the next room.

I slid down the wall. Luca go check on your sister. She updated them. Yes, she did a few weeks ago. I never got to that point in our relationship. Now we understand Wayne.

Luca sat in front of me taking my hands in his own. Just breathe and focus T. Soon he lets go of my hands to put on his heart. As my siblings joined us. Luca I'll take care of her now. We are going to the kitchen to call Nate.

Phone call

Jimmy: Hey bro

Nate: Hey Streeter

Jimmy: How are you?

Nate: good and you

Jimmy: I am fine. Dreamer not so much

Nate: What happened?

Jimmy: the usual panic attack

Nate: I will be right there

Jimmy: she has a key and will sleep.

Nate: ok

Jimmy: bye

Nate: see both of you soon

End of call