Chapter 8: Hospital

PS:  I know that this picture doesn't like an office setting but I'll have to do for now. Mikey isn't actually  died but they faked his death.

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream into the room. Both of us woke up to get ready for work. He went into the kitchen. Minutes after that I followed him.

"Good morning Baby girl," he told me.

"Morning Hondo," I replied.

Our apartments and houses are alive and noisy. Daddy is brewing some coffee for them to drink. As for Hondo mixes my hot chocolate to leave it on the table. Greetings are exchanged both them. Nat took out a glass for herself and mugs.

George, Mom, and Hondo are cooking breakfast over at the stoves. My sister took out the remaining place settings to put them on the island. I am preparing lunch for him. The team sets our kitchen tables together. Mikey grabs a water bottle from their fridge then heads upstairs. He took a shower in order to get dressed. Later on, he returns to greeting everyone else while kissing his girlfriend.

Breakfast is promptly served at 8:00 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The teams sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Mikey is at the island. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The teams grabbed our stuff while exchanging goodbyes to each other. Later on, we locked the front doors. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. My family went to their missions.

Hondo drove us to work. Minutes after that parked the car in his parking space. Both of us went inside that morning. He changes into the work clothes. Luca and Captain America walk into the locker room. You guys don't have to change today.

Meet me in the kitchen I'll explain to you there. Captain and Commander Hinks gave Baby girl the day off. They mentioned that one of you can join her. "I will take her to the hospital," Luca volunteered. Rocker will cover for you.

Within seconds Luca grabs his stuff and me. The remaining members of my peanut gallery have worried looks on their faces. He just got here. Dreamer has a day off today. Since I took her home yesterday with Chris. We switch places today.

Luca tells me to call George. I dialed the phone number. We wait until he answers his phone.

phone call

Luca: Hey George

George: Hey Luca

Luca: How are you?

George: good and you

Luca: Fine thanks

George: thought you would have called Mike or Johnny

Luca: I am taking her to the gym

George: Okay. Be there in five minutes

Luca: Bye

George: See you soon

End of a phone call

The three of us hung up." Are you taking me to the hospital?" I asked.

 " Hondo told me to," he replied.

Back at headquarters, they are in the briefing room for their work assignments. Jimmy looks very lost. The right brain is gone for the day. My body and superheroes-ness went with her. I promise that when you get home later she'll be waiting for you.

They head to Black Betty together. Of course, there's a sub driver that day. My peanut gallery is still trying to cheer him up. Rocker asked them about me. We have a new member her name is Tia. She works at headquarters with Captain. Yeah, Street is really close to her big brother Johnny.