Chapter 36: Family Outside SWAT

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.

I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and truck. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. Conversations are going on throughout the truck. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

I went to my morning class. My classmate and I sat down at our workstation talking to each other. Our classroom is full soon that morning. Attendance is taken by the teacher. Classwork is explained and handed out. We worked on it together.

Uber picks me up from school. The driver drops me in front of the headquarters for work. I walked inside to put my bag into the locker. Soon after that, I went looking for Captain.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual rushed me with hugs.

Lunch time approaches promptly at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out our food to eat. The team sat down around the table with each other. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away all the trash in the bins.

Street's POV

I am the one that doesn't really bring up my family too much. My relationships with them are pretty strained. At least the team doesn't pry. Since Dreamer has been around she is just pure love. It's hard to just push her away or be shut down around her.

Dreamer is turning me into a softie. The team is going to make fun of me for that later. Chris has also pointed out that I am a caring person. I agree with her on all accounts. No one messes with my brand new family.

I like having my kid sister around at work or home. Yeah she stays over every once in a while. Both of us just gave her a key. Of course, Duke also likes her. Usually he always looks for her when we get home from work.

End of POV

" I am thinking about introducing her to my brother," Captain America told him.

" Yes I support that idea T is dying to learn a little bit more about you," his roommate replied.

Minutes after that I joined their conversation. I would love to meet more of your family. Your teammates and Peggy don't count. Luca just looks in my direction and agrees. At the end of the day or week you never know if he will end up her brother too.

Everyone grabs our stuff in the locker room. We exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike were the only ones that didn't say anything. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and the parking lot is a ghost town.

Hondo drove us home that afternoon. We put our bags down by the door. I went to take a quick bath to change. Meanwhile with daddy in our kitchen cooking at our stove. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Seconds later I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our drinks were beers and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I retuned to our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight Baby girl." He told me.

" Night Hondo," I replied giving him a kiss.

Daddy watches as I walk away to my room. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is already waiting for me. Counting sunglasses begins right now. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

Meanwhile with the team still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their own rooms. Everyone else joins me in dreamland that night.