Chapter 58: Basketball

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. They head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locked room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule. Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins her in there. He grabs both the tablet and com. Both of them are in command together.

Meanwhile back at my house with us hanging out.

"You and your sisters did a good job decorating the room. Joe mentioned that to me before you came over to us," Captain America told me.

" I know. Remember that day I met you," I replied.

We have the basketball court across the street from us. Seconds later I told him that I am a hardcore east coast person. You are just the opposite. Look at us we made this work. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual missed rushing me with hugs.

Lunch approaches at 12:00 pm. Everyone took out their food. The team sat down. Both of us are using the couch. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and we put the dirty dishes in our sink.

The pair of us sat on our couch watching tv. Jenny has probably been spending the night by you. He is a happy camper at least since he has entertainment that isn't whatever gaming system that you own. Luca is working on making me an Aunty again. I can picture Duke with the kids.

Yeah I can see it to Dreamer. Captain America nods off soon. He is playing all up in my hair. Everyone know that he misses Peggy. I lower the volume on the tv.

" Are you ready to go home," He asks.

" Not as much as Luca wants me there," I replied.

The other day he told me that Duke misses me. Luca is one big baby since we got into that fight. Yeah I know he only gets that way with you. Now with Jenny around he will be worse. He's more rugged with his brother.

Eventually I turned off the tv. I got up to get a snack. Captain America is out cold. He really need this downtime. Normally it's the opposite they will get home from work and play video until all hours of the morning.

Captain America stretch as he woke up. My brothers walks into my room to take a quick shower. I wrapped his injured torso like I always do. Minutes after that he also has a snack. The pair of us wash it down with some beer.

The team changes their clothes in our locker room. Everyone else grabs their belongings. A good percentage of them exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca is the only one to stay quiet. They talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo drove himself home. As he entered by his stuff by the door. Meanwhile back in the kitchen he is cooking our dinner at the stove. I took out the place settings to put them on the counter. My brother sets the table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Our drinks are juice and beers for the team. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite shows with the group. I walked over to my room in oder to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on , I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Night guys," I told them.

" Goodnight Baby girl and Dreamer," they replied giving me kisses.

One short bathroom is made by me. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is looking at me from where he is sitting between the pillows. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep now.

Dreamer is taking me home tomorrow. Oh, I really was enjoying your company Street. I know we don't live far. She will deal with the Marcos thing too just not as soon as we arrive. We will watch her very closely with him. They head towards my room. He took a quick bath to change. Daddy helped him wrap his injured torso.

 Seconds after the Daddy walks away. Meanwhile back in the family rooms with the team still watching tv. Laughter is dying down slowly now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They head to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins us in dreamland that night.