Chapter 19: Locker

Tinkerbell:  a human trafficking victim

Hondo woke up early the next morning to get ready for work. Seconds later he's in our kitchen making breakfast for us. Coffee is going through it's process by the stove. My hot chocolate is mixed and left on the counter for me.

" Good morning Baby Girl," he hands over my drink with a kiss.

"Morning Hondo," I replied.

Our apartments and house is now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. This is copied by our teammates. I enjoyed my hot chocolate. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Soon breakfast is promptly at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

As Captain America arrived at headquarters a little bit earlier than the team that morning. He went into the locker room to change and put his stuff away. Dr. Wendy passed him in the hallway. I need to see you in my office. The FBI sent over a copy of her personal file before I left yesterday. Dr. Wendy hands it to him.

No I can't read this. I am giving you the permission. She is your patient. Fine I am going to tell you then Jim. Your sister was held hostage by an Nigerian drug lord named Bello. Lucia Solano was also mentioned.

"The team and I just met her the other day when we hung out with Graceland," my brother told her.

" Her family runs a drug cartel in Mexico," Dr. Wendy replied.

I will inform the team when they get here. She is going to hide in the interrogation room. Mike came to drop off the file. He told me that she wouldn't want to hear all that stuff again. Tia has already had two meltdowns since she's been here.

Moments after that the team arrives at the headquarters. They put away their belongings in their lockers and change. Briefing room time for that morning. Peggy is holding his hand under the table.

Captain America runs off to the locker room. She followed him to sit on the bench.

"What was that about Jim?" She asked.

" Dr. Wendy gave me some news this morning," he replied.

As the two cops lean into each other for a series of kisses. Speaking of the devil here she comes now.  Hey  don't  refer  our sister as that you know she's far from  that. Daddy wants you in the briefing room now. I will tell you about it later with the guys. Their assignments for the day are explained.

Later on, they are in Black Betty. Everything stops for a few minutes. It's just Peggy and Captain America sitting together.

"You ready yet Street?" She asked.

"Five minutes Chris," my first brother replied.

We already know about the pacemaker, drowning, and her wrists. Dr. Wendy get new information from the FBI field office here in California today. This really scared me a hostage attempt and drug cartel wanting to make her a Tinkerbell. All of this and in addition a fight with Johnny.

Bello and the Solano men are already in jail. Silence filled Black Betty for seconds as the team digested this news. Deke is the first one to break it. He went into father mode ready to drop a few bombs of his own. Just imagining that it was his daughters: Lila, Harper, and Victoria.

The team of Captain Cortez and I are working together. Coms are in our ears. I am holding a tablet. Stats and criminals on the screens. Captain Cortez told me about the new file on me. Yeah Street and the team knows about that.

I walked away from her for a few minutes. Commander Hicks is next to her. Earlier this morning Dr. Wendy left it on my desk. Later on, I returned and greeted Commander Hicks. This is the first time ever his hug lingers.

Black Betty is full again with tired and sweaty cops. It's finally parked outside headquarters. They went through their usual after mission routine. I took them off for a while. All of them rushed me for hugs.

Lunchtime is promptly at 12:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the trash in the bins.

The team left our kitchen a few minutes before us. Captain America guides me to our locker room. He stops us in front of the locker opposite his and uncovered my eyes. A locker for me. We signed off on since last week. I moved into it.

Luca gave me a hug. There's more to give T. Like a new nickname.

"You knew about this Peggy," I asked.

" They told me to keep it a secret," My only sister in the building.

I took the keys to Black Betty.