Chapter 49

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brothers take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. Luca's lunch in a bag with his name on it and took out our mugs. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

I drove to our house. Buck pulls into the driveway next to me. Seconds later I went to open the door with both bags. They are left by the door. Buck entered our house with his son.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locked room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on my cheek.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Their boss' are working at headquarters. Commander Hicks helped her. He picks up my tablet ad earpiece. That is T's work stuff Hicks. I know she won't mind if I use it.

Over at the house Buck is on the couch with us. Duke is laying at our feet. The three of us are watching tv. I used the bathroom leaving the guys alone. They are just chilling with each other.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual missed rushing me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out or served their food. Conversations are going on through out our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put trash in the bins or our dirty dishes in our sinks.

"I am going to lay down for a little while," Captain America told us.

"Okay," we replied to him.

Buck started a conversation with me. You really take good care of him. He does the same thing with me. Minutes after that I got a glass of water for him.

"Thank you Buck. You instilled that in him as a kid," I told their old team leader.

"You're welcome T," he replied to me with a kiss.

I put the glass of water on the night table.

My brother is fast asleep. Pedro is off to the side of him. I snapped a picture to send it to both Peggy and John.

Both: that's so cute sis
Me: yeah
John: looks like someone's going to take Pedro from you
Me: I will give him Mike's teddy bear
John: oh
Peggy: wait you guys like giving each other teddy bears

John: yeah

Peggy: Luca's thinking of enrolling you to the academy.
Me: What?
Peggy: You impressed him yesterday with how you dealt with Marcos

me: bye... going meet the other Captain in dreamland.
Both: bye sis

end of texting

I woke up a few hours later with a grip on my hand. Captain America is in pain. He took his meds. Looks like you made friends with Pedro. I remember him from the times that I stayed at your brother's when we were kids.

Bello held me hostage and drugged me once. It was my first week at Graceland. The call I made was to Abby. I didn't want to put my family in danger. When I got home John gave me Pedro to sleep that night.

Moments after that I went into the family room. Buck has our tv set. He looks in my direction. By the way Captain America will have his shower. Today that is your job. Usually Luca helps him with that at home.

Captain America finally wakes up from his nap. Minutes after that Buck helps him with getting changed. They joined me back on the couch. I am sitting between them. My head finds it's way to my brother's shoulder.

Everyone grabs their belongings from the locker room. They exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca didn't say anything. As the team talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is a ghost.

My dad and Buck switched places. He puts down his stuff by the door. Daddy is in our kitchen dinner at our stove. As the place settings is taken out and put on the counter. I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone sat down around the tables dishing out our food to eat. Our drinks are juice the kids with Captain America and some beers for us grown ups. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks. We broke up into our boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I retuned to our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

Mom is coming over tomorrow. I haven't seen her since all of this happened. She probably already knows about Marcos. Yes I told her the last time I talked. My dad turns to face my brother. She is looking forward to meeting you too Kid.

As for daddy you will help him get ready in the morning. I walked to my room for bed. Pedro is still in the same spot. Counting sunglasses time begins now.

" Goodnight sis and Baby girl," they told me.

" Night guys," I told them.

Captain America went into the bathroom to take two pills and brush his teeth. Later on, he joins me in bed. He turns to kiss my cheeks. As I ruffled his hair. That night he is now finally sleeping on his back.

The team is still watching tv. Laughter is dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bed rooms. Everyone else joins us in dreamland that night.