Chapter 109

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

"Good morning kid," he greeted.

" Morning Daddy," I replied to him.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together the lunch with my name on it. As my hot chocolate is waiting for me on the island. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

A few minutes after that I went to my morning class. My classmate and I sat down at our workstation. I plugged in my headphones. Our classroom is full soon that morning. Attendance is taken by the teacher. Classwork is explained and handed out. We worked on it together.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locker room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Tan pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins us in there. He grabs both the tablet and com. Both of them are in command together.

Headquarters bound for me that afternoon. Seconds later I pulled into his spot in the garage. I put my stuff away in the locker room. Captain Cortez in waiting for in the room with the tv.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversations are going on throughout our group. After eating we threw away our trash in the bin.

Erica is with me in the gun range. I am practicing.

" Where is your weapon?" She asked.

" I am trained with guns, but I gave mine up when I retired from the Bureau," I replied her.

Luca has already to draft me for 20 David before. I shot him down.

Everyone grabbed our stuff from the locker room. We exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike didn't say anything. There's an extra five minute of talking. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town. Hondo, like always, drove us home. We put down our stuff by the door. I went to take a quick bath to change. Luca cooks at the stove. I set the kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Our drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks. We broke up into our boy's vs girls' groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and cozy.

" Night Daddy," I told him.

" Goodnight kid," he answered with a kiss.

There's a quick bathroom break. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is waiting for me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

Meanwhile downstairs with the team still up watching tv. As the laugher is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.