Chapter 99: Test Drive

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

"Good morning sis," They greeted.

" Morning guys," I replied to them.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy.I put together the lunch with my name on it. As my hot chocolate is waiting for me on the island.This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Nate arrives to pick me up for our little adventure that morning. Greetings are exchanged between us. I grabbed the helmets as Nate did the same thing with the keys. Be safe is the only thing that I heard from the Delinquent. His foster brother replied.

We rode around LA together. I am against his back with my arms around his waist. Nate is walking me through how to ride the motorcycle. Your brother is probably thinking about getting some bubble wrap to make sure that I am safe. My dads will have his head if I get hurt.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

I brought Luca the dog leash.

"We are going to take Duke for a walk," Luca told us.

" Of course," we replied.

Let the kids talk it out. The front door is locked. Duke is taken for a long walk.

Soon after that I took a quick bath to change. You forgot how it felt to be kicked by me the other day. Looks like you want me to do it again so Nate can pick you up this time.

"No Dreamer," he told me.

" You keep forcing me to be okay with the way that you held me," I replied.

Especially since you already know how I am with the whole Bates saga.

Captain America talks to me. I signed all my answers. My girlfriend is on me for this you know. He just kept talking. Eventually I sat on the other side of the couch.

Moments after that he moved closer to me. The guys and Duke are in the house again. I ran to hide behind Nate. Luca went over to the couch. You tried to touch her again.

I walked to Luca's room. Nate follows me closing the door. This is the first time I've seen you afraid. My ex-roommate broke my wrists while pleasuring himself in front me. I am going to go get your braces.

Duke growls at his co-owner then joins me in his room. A few minutes after that Nate gave them to me. I put them on and thank him.

"Your welcome Munchkin," he replied.

Both of us and Duke went into the family room. I took off my braces to hand them to Nate.

I walked over to the pinball machine. Staring into the glass but not playing attention. Luca is right behind me. She is about to have a panic attack. I will be in my truck with her.

We sat in the truck together. Luca started the usual process with me. I put my hand on his heart to ground me. Eventually I fell asleep next to him.

My brother took out his phone.

Texting

Luca: answer the door

Jim: okay

End of texting

I am going to put her down in my room. Duke is right behind us. He lays the ground by my side of the 🛏️ in his master's room. Seconds later he is with the guys again.

Before leaving Nate came to say goodbye me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek. Minutes after that I stirred saying "bye bro." Text me when you get home. Okay guys.

She just updated me. I am so happy. Luca spoke up she took a few weeks to do it with us. He got it right away though because he knew Johnny. Yeah, Streeter already told me. Hope that my Munchkin feels better.

I slowly woke up with Duke's head on the bed. We went into the family room. As I settled onto the couch. Duke is laying in front of us. My brother sends his regards.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Our drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to his room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight sis," they told me.

"Night guys," I replied.

Duke is right behind me. There's a short bathroom break. I jumped to my bed. Simba is already in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

Seconds later a text message came through on this phone.

texting

Nate: I am home

Jimmy: okay

end of texting

My brothers stayed up talking on the couch. I never thought that she would take to Nate like that. Even given your current status with her. We are still working on that little by little we will get there again. Process is slowly don't make it ever slower Luca.

Duke isn't a growler. He was like that before but now. Our fairy dust is more his then ours. Duke is better at protecting her. I bet BD would have the same reaction.

Meanwhile the team is still up watching tv. As laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their rooms. Everyone joins us soon in dreamland that night.