Chapter 54: Letters

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. They head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locked room to change. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek. Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

 Their boss' are working at headquarters. Commander Hicks helped her. He picks up my tablet and earpiece. That is T's work stuff Hicks. I know she won't mind if I use it.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual missed rushing me with hugs.

Lunch approaches at 12:00 pm. Everyone took out their food. The team sat down. Both of us are using the couch. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and we put the dirty dishes in our sink.

Captain America grabs the writing stuff and a snack. Minutes after that he sat at the kitchen table. This is a superstition we have at work. My first letter was to your big sister. I know the whole death policy with the job from being with the FBI.

Dreamer,

If you're reading this the mission that we are working on has gone south. This letter I have given it to Luca. He put it somewhere in my room at the house. When it's time you'll find and read it. Both Nate and Buck have your phone numbers. Speaking of Nate I told him to take care of you like Johnny told me when you came to us. My room is now yours.

Love always,

Captain America

Nate,

If you're reading this the mission that we are working on has gone south. You did so much for me when we were in foster care. I know that you will do the same for our sister. She'll show you things that you never knew about yourself. I left this letter with her to give to you. My best friend Johnny and her family at Graceland know this plan. By the way she is the only person that gets away with calling me Jimmy.

Jimmy

I took one of the baked goods from the plate.

" You took out two just in case," I told him.

" I know you Dreamer," my brother replied.

We sat there with the letters enjoying our snack. The plate is soon put in the sink.

Seconds later there's movement in my room. Captain America took his bath to change. I wrapped his torso for him. We went into the family room together. All of us relaxed together.

Everyone grabs their belongings from the locker room. They exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca didn't say anything. As the team talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is a ghost town.

Hondo drove himself home. He puts down his stuff by the door. Minutes after that he is cooking at the stove. The place settings is taken out and put on the counter. I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone sat down around the tables dishing out our food to eat. Our drinks are juice and some beers for us grown ups. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our girls and sisters cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Daddy washes the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Our dishwashers are full now. Kitchens are clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and cozy.

"Goodnight Baby girl and Dreamer," they told me.

" Night guys," I replied giving each a kiss.

Within minutes there's an incoming video call that pops up.

Luca: Hey sis

Cuddly: Hey Luca

Luca: How are you?

Cuddly: good and you

Luca: fine thanks.... I heard that Kelly baked for you

Cuddly: yeah

Luca: Duke is right here

Cuddly: Sounds like he misses me

Luca: of course

Cuddly: no he doesn't... but you do

Luca: I am third generation

Cuddly: and you're taking to make me a 4th generation Luca. When you know that I am a Diaz.

Luca: you are my family

Cuddly: I know

Luca: bye

Cuddly: Love you

There's a short bathroom breakfast for me. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is off to the side of me. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. Minutes after that I am fast asleep. Captain America took my cue. He settles next to Pedro who is in between us. Of course, before falling asleep he kisses my wrists. I ruffled his hair.

Meanwhile with the team in still watching tv. As the Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team went to there own bedroom. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.