Chapter 24: Pinball

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.

I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and truck. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. I took out my homework on the desk. Seconds later I handed it to Hondo. He went into the locked room to change.

Minutes after that I have the braces on. The team arrives one by one.

"Good morning Dreamer," Captain America greeted.

" Morning Captain America and Peanut gallery," I replied to them.

They gave me kisses on my cheek.

All of them head to the briefing room that morning. I am in my corner listening to everything. Assignments are handed out. Seconds later I see if Captain needs some help. Your help is always welcome T.

Soon after that, the team is in Black Betty. Of course, the usual four are in the back. Luca and Tan are in the front seat. Conversations are going on. Luca pulls up in front of the crime scene. All of them get into their positions.

Captain and I are working this mission from headquarters. She is telling me a little about the mission that they are working. I stood next to her taking it in. Captain hands me a tablet to look at the stats.

" Yeah, it is, T," she answered me.

Seconds later I am still holding the tablet as I went over to my desk. I worked on my homework. When I am done with that returned to help Captain. Both of us worked hard. Minutes after that Commander Hicks came to see us.

Black Betty is full again with tired and sweaty cops. It's finally parked outside headquarters. They went through their usual after mission routine. I took them off for a while. All of them rushed me for hugs.

Lunchtime is promptly at 12:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the trash in the bins.

"Remember that my mom is bringing the food tomorrow. We are going to come over earlier then everyone else to help ," I told him.

"Okay T," Deke replied.

We have an important fieldtrip. Of course, Mama T is probably worried because I haven't to see her since I started here.

" I am taking her to see Johnny's mom in Long Beach," He told them

"Long Beach!!! Does Hondo know?" they asked worried.

" Yes I told him already. Luca wants her out of the house," My brother replied.

My brother's kept me company. I am staying with you tonight. Fine with us. Sound like a Flash marathon or a couple of rounds with the pinball machine. I am going to smoke both of you. By the way I still have to tickle you from the other day.

Everyone grabbed the belongings from the locker room. The team exchanged their goodbyes to us and each other. Hybrid Mike and I were the only ones that didn't say anything. We talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot are a ghost town.

As for Luca drove us home. Captain America followed behind us that afternoon. The three of us pulled into their driveway. Luca opens the door. Their bags are left at the door. I put my bag in Captain America's room.

We have a surprise for you Duke. I took a quick bath to change. My brothers took care of the food and drinks. Seconds later I am in the family room again. Duke is at my side in no time and he is happy.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and family sat around the tables. Our drinks are the usual beers and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch. I am nice and cozy.

I played a quick game of pinball. Duke is right beside the machine. My brothers look over from their Netflix thinking the same thing. They knew that agreed with whatever they were thinking without looking at my face.

" Goodnight Hybrid Mike," I told them.

" Night sis," both of them replied.

Within minutes I walked towards our bedroom. Duke looks after me. I jumped into the bed. Counting sunglasses time begins now. Of course, I am fast asleep.

The team is still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team went to their own rooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.