Chapter 38

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.
I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family, Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and truck. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. I put the lunches in our kitchen. Seconds later I handed it to Hondo. He went into the locked room to change.

The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning Dreamer," Captain America greeted.

" Morning Captain America and Peanut gallery," I replied to them.

They gave me kisses on my cheek.

Within seconds all of us head to the briefing room. I am standing in my corner. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. My family says goodbyes.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. Conversations are going on throughout the truck. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters with Captain Cortez and I working. Greetings are exchanged as she hands me a comm and tablet. Both of us are talking while we work that morning. Eventually it changed to mission stuff. Of course Commander Hicks also greets me.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversations are going on through out our group. After eating we threw away our trash in the bin.

Daddy stays in the kitchen talking to me. My co handler will be joining us for dinner tonight. Juan works at the FBI. As you already know Mike's is my twin brother. He works with my handler Ralph in Miami.

I am the free agent. This isn't meant as a sports joke. Yeah, I am also a fan of sports. Both you and the guys don't get to turn all Coach Bolton on me. We can always push you to be better.

Locker room bound for us now. Everyone grabs our belongings. We exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike were the only ones that didn't say anything. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and the parking lot is a ghost town.

Hondo like always drove us home. We put down our stuff by the door. I took a quick bath to change. Meanwhile in our kitchen my daddy is cooking at the stove. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Seconds later I set our kitchen table.

Our doorbell rings now. Juan is finally at the house. I let him in and close the door. We greeted each other. The guys introduced themselves while exchanging their ranks.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes into our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is clean now.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room change to into a different top and brush my teeth. Later on , I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I enjoyed the rest of the night with Juan.

Before Juan leaves they exchanged phone numbers. I will share this with the rest of my team when we go in on Sunday. The headquarters address is also in your contact if you want to check on her.

"I am going now. All of us have work in the morning, " he mentioned giving me a kiss.

"You're always welcome here Juan," Hondo told him.

Greetings are exchanged between us. Both of us watched him drive off that night.

"Goodnight Baby girl," he told me.

" Night Hondo," I replied.

Soon after that I rolled over to put my phone back on the table. I jumped into my bed. Pedro is already waiting for me. Counting sunglasses begins right now. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

Meanwhile with the team still watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their own rooms. Everyone else joins me in dreamland that night.