Chapter 12: Nightmare

Nightmare: a frightening or unpleasant dream.

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up to get ready for work. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.

I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and truck. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

I went to my morning class. My classmate and I sat down at our workstation talking to each other. Our classroom is full soon that morning. Attendance is taken by the teacher. Classwork is explained and handed out. We worked on it together.

Uber picks me up from school. The driver drops me in front of the headquarters for work. I walked inside to put my bag into the locker. Soon after that, I went looking for Captain.

"Hey T," she greeted.

I replied to her " Hey Captain."

Black Betty is full again with tired and sweaty cops. It's finally parked outside headquarters. They went through their usual after mission routine. I took them off for a while. All of them rushed me for hugs.

Lunchtime is promptly at 12:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the trash in the bins.

Chris and Captain American stayed in the kitchen with me. We talked to each other for a long time. Everything got very quiet soon. Both of them shared a kiss with each other.

 Both of them shared a kiss with each other

" What did I tell you yesterday Peggy? I reminded her.

" Everything is going to be okay," She answered.

You were talking about me. I am allowed to your my brother. Just get used to it. You're not an undercover agent so I am not trying to burn you. I am supporting this guy. Peggy can use your bed too because it's big enough for both of us just not at the same time.

Everyone grabbed our stuff. Greetings are exchanged between the group of us. Luca and Street don't usually say anything. We head outside to our cars and trucks. Of course, we stood there talking for another five minutes. Soon both headquarters and the parking lot are a ghost town.

Hondo drove us home. We put our stuff down by the front door. I went to take a quick shower to change. My dad started working on dinner at our stove that afternoon. The place settings are left on the counter. I took them to set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables dishing out our food to eat. Beers were our drinks. for that night. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys and girls groups. Chris and I cleared the tables. The guys unpacked the dishwasher. Annie washes the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch next to Hondo. Hondo gets a drink for himself and offers me one.

" Goodnight Hondo," I told him.

" Night Baby girl," he replied.

Come get me if any chances kid. I will Hondo. Soon after that, I walked to my room. Pedro is in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins for me. I tossed and turned for an hour wanting to fall .

texting

Me: Please come over
Jimmy: "Do you know what time it is Dreamer?"
Me: Of course not
Jimmy: It's very late.
Me: but I can't sleep
Jimmy: got to get my stuff together
Me: ok... drive safely
Jimmy: see you in five minutes
Me: bye

end of texting

Seconds later he adds some jammies to his bag and keys. Wrote a quick note to Luca.

Note

I am going over by Hondo's for Dreamer. See you at work in the morning.

J

He puts it on his bedroom door. Minutes after he drove to our apartment. Slowly he parks his car in our driveway. Instead of ringing the doorbell he texted.

Texting

Jimmy: I am outside.
end of texting

I answered the door for him to come into the apartment. Captain American puts his bag down where ours are. He took out some jammies. Both of us went into my room. First, he changed out of his regular clothes. Seconds later he joins me in bed. Don't even say what you are thinking because Hondo already told me.

One massive forwarded text is sent to Graceland from his phone. Let's try this one more time Dreamer. This time he wrapped his arms around me and in no time I am sleeping.

The team is still up watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Hondo threw away the bottle in the bin. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. Duke runs into his master 's room. The team went to their own room. Everyone else soon joins us in dreamland that night.