Chapter 129: Pain

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. Daddy woke up to get ready for work. He went into the kitchen. Minutes after that he made both our breakfast and drinks on the counter.

" Good morning Kid," Daddy told me.

I replied to him with a 🤗 .

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family, Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. Both of us went inside the building together. My dad went into the locker room to put away our stuff and change. I am just hanging out in the gym area. The Peanut Gallery arrived greeting each other and me.

"Good morning team," they greeted.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave me kisses on her cheek.

I am starting to lag behind the team. Hurry up we have warrants to serve and criminals to arrest. Captain America walks over to me. Piggy back ride at your service.

"You have an overgrown 🐨," Luca jokes.

"Hey, please don't make fun of her," My comforter snaps.

I am resting my head on his shoulder. Peggy just looks at him.

My body is slowly annoying me. All of us headed to the briefing room that morning. I am squeezing his hand under the table. Assignments are handed out. The team leaves that morning.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in their regular places. Conversations are going on throughout the truck. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters with Captain Cortez and I are working. Greetings are exchanged as she hands me a com and my tablet. Both of us are talking while we work that morning. Eventually it changed to mission stuff. Of course, Commander Hicks also greeted us. They noticed that I am uncomfortable.

The pair of them stopped what they were doing at that point in time. I asked if they could change the frequency of the comms. No, we can't.

Texting

Me: JIMMY

Jimmy: hey Dreamer

Me: How are you?

Jimmy: good and you

Me: not so much. I need you.

Jimmy:you need my 🖐️

Me: of course

Jimmy: you'll get it soon

Me: bye

Jimmy: see you soon Dreamer

End of texting

Each of us put away our 📱. I went back to work.

Black Betty is now full of cops that are sweaty. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family, as usual, rushed me with hugs.