Chapter 61: Death Anniversary

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. They head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. He went into the locked room to change.

The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning team," Luca told them.

" Morning guys and Chris," they replied.

They gave Chris kisses on her cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Commander Hicks joins her in there. He grabs both the tablet and com. Both of them are in command together.

As mom and Fiona are now settled in at the house. I am all over her. Fiona is next to my brother. The teddy is yours Jim. Your best friend and Mikey sent that for you.

I walked over to Captain America's room. Mom enters behind me and closes it behind her. She sits down on the bed. As for Fiona is teaching Captain America sign language in the family room. Your mom is very proud of you Mija. All the help that you have given to both Graceland and SWAT.

Soon the doorbell rings. Fiona went over to the door to answer it. The beautiful bouquet is handed to her after she signs of it. My CI puts down on the table by their door to close the door. Minutes after that she places it on the dining table.

Note:

Tia we are so sorry for your lost. If you ever need anything we are here for you.

Commander Hicks and Molly

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual missed rushing me with hugs.

Lunch approaches at 12:00 pm. Everyone took out their food. The team sat down. Both of us are using the couch. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and we put the dirty dishes in our sink.

"But Mija," Mom asked.

" Charlie relax, I 'll go comfort her," he replied.

My brother joins me soon. Our dog follows him. Duke stops by the door looking at us torn trying to pick one of us. The bed shifts with his body weight. Captain America runs his fingers through my hair. I am here Dreamer.

The girls are fussing over the flowers from Commander Hicks. Mom puts the food and some water in the vase. She looks at that the note. Aww she voices her opinion. Commander Hicks didn't have to do this for her.

I see that you two have been bonding with each other. Yeah I thought him sign language. Since when did he start sleeping during the day. When both of them got home from the hospital with Nate the other day.

Seconds later I woke up to close his door behind me. My mom and CI put the vase on the table again. I sat by the teddy bear on the couch.

"Where's Duke?" mom inquired.

" He stayed with my brother," I replied.

Both of them joined us in the family room. The three of us had beers while he drinks water. His head is resting on my shoulder. Our height difference makes this hard. I don't care about that right now.

The team changes their clothes in our locker room. Everyone else grabs their belongings. A good percentage of them exchanged goodbyes to each other. Luca is the only one to stay quiet. They talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo drove himself home. The girls changed places with Luca. He puts his bag by the door. Meanwhile back with Hondo cooking at the stove. The tables are also set group wide.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats. Our drinks are juice for the kids and some beers for us. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on , I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight guys," I told them.

" Night Sis," they replied with kisses.

I buried my head into Luca's chest as the tears fell. Minutes after that he puts me in his room and tucks me in. Both of them walk into the other room. My Captain America takes his bath. Seconds later he wraps his roommate's torso.

Soon after that Luca slid into bed. He wraps his arms around while whispering into my ear. Without taking his cue he knew that I meant it. I cuddled up to him like I have been doing the last couple of nights.

A good percentage of the team is still up watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their rooms. Everyone joins us soon in dreamland that night.