Chapter 10: Surprise

PS: Just so you know Deke likes to call kiddo because they call Street kid. Luca calls the four of us kids: Street, Chris, Tan, and I.

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I got ready to brew some coffee for him and make our lunches.

" Good morning Baby girl," He told me.

"Morning Hondo," I replied to him. Seconds later he walked over to the coffee pot.

" Your a good barista," He told me.

"I know Hondo. This means that you want to make it at the office," I replied.

After pouring himself a mug started cooking our breakfast over at the stove. He mixes my hot chocolate to give it to me.

"Thank you Hondo," I told them.

" You're welcome my Baby girl," he replied.

Soon after that the whole apartment smelled good.

Within minutes breakfast is served now. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our usual drinks are coffee and hot chocolate. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The team grabs their belongings. Later on, we locked our front door. All of them went to their cars or trucks. Our apartments and house are now left vacant . Everyone heads to work.

An hour passed so uber arrives to pick me up for school. I reach there and walk in with my classmate. Seconds later I gave my teacher two different business cards. One card had Johnny's number on it and the other had Jimmy's. If my wrists start hurting call them. Minutes after that I went to my seat.

Meawhile back over at headquarters the team is in the briefing room. They are getting their assignments for that missions. Deke leaves a gift bag on my desk. Of course, Annie convinced me to get her one for here. We won't have to wrap it for her anymore.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. Chris and Street are sitting opposite each other. Each of them have heart eyes. Guys stop looking at each other like that. Luca sees them from the mirror in front.

Our boss is running things from the base. They pulled into the mission. Minutes after that they are in formation. Three went right and the rest head left. All criminals are in custody.

After my class is finished that morning head to work. I saw a gift bag on my desk and opened it to find a child's artwork and new braces. My braces now are on my wrists. The picture is stored in my desk drawer. Next stop is our locker room to put my stuff away.

Once the team get back from the mission sweaty. All of them head to the showers. You sure were trying to be mysterious with me. I saw a gift on my desk.

" Thank you Deke," I told him.
" You're welcome kiddo," he replied.

Your Lila drew a picture for me. I remember from the story you told me the other day. Just like Annie my wife she wants to meet you. They have been on since I got here. I am glad to hear it T.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm. Everyone took out our food to eat. The team sat down around the table with each other. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away all the trash in the bins.

The guys and Chris split up that afternoon. Deke and Luca head to question one criminal. As for Chris and Street had the other one. I am working on my homework at my desk. Both of them are working in the briefing room.

I took off my braces for a little while to let them breath. Everyone went into the locker room to get our stuff. Greetings are exchanged with hugs and kisses. All of us head to our cars and truck in the parking lot. Headquarters is soon a ghost town.

 Minutes after that Hondo drove us back home. We left our bags by the door. I took a quick bath to change. Later on, I am in the kitchen. He is already working on dinner at the stove. The dishes are on the counter. I took them to set the table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm. Everyone sat down around the tables dishing out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Street cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. The dishes are washed and placed in the dishwasheer. Our kitchens are cleaned and lights are turned off.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Minutes after that I am on the couch again.

Both of us watched a good number of shows together. He got up to get himself a drink.

"Night Hondo," I told him.
"Good night Baby girl," he replied leaving a kiss on my cheek.

Seconds later I walked over to my room for bed. My family is still up watching tv. Hondo discards his bottle. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. Everyone else joins me in dreamland that night.