Chapter 86

As the sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

" Good morning, Kid," he told me.

I replied " Morning Dad."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I mixed both his coffee and my hot chocolate. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo drove us to work that morning. The pair of us went into the building together. He went into the locker room to change. Minutes after that I put the lunches in our kitchen. I went into our locker room to put my bag away. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they also head to get changed.

"Good morning, Dreamer," Captain America told them.

" Morning Captain America and Peanut Gallery," I replied.

They gave me kisses on her cheek.

Within seconds all of them head to the briefing room. I am standing in my corner listening to what they are saying while Captain America is translating. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in the regular places. As for Rocky is filling in that day. Conversations are going on between them. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Seconds later Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged all of us. Of course, my brother and I are sharing my tablet. Commander Hicks joins us in there. The guys are using the coms.

My flashback is cue in my mind. Both of them realized that something is wrong when his face dropped. I took out my com to put it in my brother's hand. Seconds later I went to Jessie's office. Captain America made a pit stop to get a drink for me. He walks in with a drink in his hand.

Captain America gets me to uncurl slowly asking for my wrists. I am now laying on his lap. Eventually I fell asleep as runs his fingers through my hair. My brother moves around me for his phone.

Dad: Hey Kid

Street: Hey Boss

Dad: how are you?

Street: good and you

Dad: sweaty

Street: ok

Dad: Where's our fairy dust?

Street: she's on my lap

Dad: Jess told me

Street: she called you

Dad: yes

Street: Just got her to unroll

Dad: see you guys soon

Street: bye

The truck is pretty quiet. Deke looks on my dad's phone screen.

I woke up soon after the conversation.

"How was your nap?" My brother inquired.

" Good," I replied.

Just talked to your dad. We walked back to the situation room to be with Jessie and Commander Hicks.

Black Betty is now full of extremely sweaty and tired cops. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family like usual rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. The team sat in our assigned seats at the table. Conversations are going on throughout our group. After eating we threw away our trash in the bin.

I walked upstairs across the hall to knock on Hicks' door. This made me feel like I am back in school going to the principal's office.

" Come in and sit-down Tia," he states.

" Okay. I sat in front of his desk," I replied.

You scared us earlier. I still have flashbacks every once in a while, and needed some quiet. Commander Hicks gets up to give me a hug.

The couch in Dr. Wendy's office is waiting for me. I have been going to see her every couple of weeks since I came here. Our doctor at the Bureau signed off for no therapy when I left . I continued anyway with Dr. Wendy. Actually, it was my brother that took me to her.

Everyone grabbed our stuff from the locker room. We exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike were the only ones that didn't say anything to each other. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and the parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo like always drove home. We put down our stuff by the doors. I took a quick bath to change. Meanwhile with Luca in our kitchen cooking at the stove. He took the place settings to put them on the island. Both of us set the kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our boy's vs girls' groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and cozy. Soon I am cuddling with Captain America.

Just thinking about my recent flashback earlier that day. Luca realizes that I am tense causing him to begin rubbing my back. Stress begins to take over my features. Duke rests his chin on my knee for comfort. I attempted to take a few breaths, but they came out ragged.

"Goodnight, guys," I told him.

"Night sis," they replied.

Duke is right behind me. There's a quick bathroom break. Our dog settles himself on the ground next to the night table on my side. I jumped into bed. Simba is in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am fast asleep.

Captain Cortez and Hicks filled us in when we got back that morning. The mission had triggered something in Dreamer. I am going to check on her. Captain America slowly pulls me into his side. The last thing I heard him say before drifting off was " I love you, my Dreamer."

As Duke trots into the family room area to be with my big brother. Meanwhile with the team still watching tv. As the laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins me soon in dreamland that night.