Chapter 39: Nate

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to stream in the room. Hondo woke up. Minutes after that he is in the kitchen making breakfast and our drinks. Coffee is smelling up the whole apartment. I followed him that morning.

" Good morning Baby girl," he told me.

I replied to him " Morning Hondo."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together our lunches in bags with our names on it. My hot chocolate is mixed and handed to me. This is copied by the other teammates. Within minutes our meal is ready to eat.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

My dad drops me off by the guys for the day. I opened the front door and walked inside the house. Duke runs to greet me. The guys are on his heel.

" You ready to meet my brother," Captain America asked.

" Like you in a motorcycle showroom," I replied.

In the coming weeks every starts changing little by little. Before leaving his house grabs an extra change of clothes. Nate has been hanging around the house with the guys. I am getting closer to him. We took Duke out for a walk. After we returned home sweaty.

Minutes after that I went to take a quick bath to change. As for Nate did the same thing. I am sitting on the couch watching The Flash on Netflix. Soon after that it is just on in the background. Nate joins me as Duke is at our feet. Getting to know each other is fun.

I see that Jim is your everything. Yeah, he is very caring. He knows everything else about me. Expect that my died while I was attending Quantico. I really didn't know how he would take this given his relationship with his mom.

"Of course T, I probably would hit him very hard," he replied.

Seconds later Nate says he is sorry to hear that story. I started crying looking down at his brothers jammies pants.

"Come here T let me comfort you," He told me.

" Okay, I curled up in his arms," I replied to him.

Eventually I fell asleep on the couch.

The guys are home again from running a few errands. Look at them over there. As for my brothers are stopped in their tracks. Nate can I talk to you in my room. I am coming Jim.

"Dreamer is going to be fine Luca is with her," Captain America told his brother.

" Okay Jim calm down bro," Nate replied.

I am suppose to be protecting Dreamer for my best friend. We were just talking to each other. T revealed to me that she doesn't have a mom. My teammates and I figured that much from her emergency contact card. T was battling whether or not to tell you this Jim. Honestly I see that caring streak that you have in her.

You idiots woke me up. Nate is already shaking in his boots. Both of you in the bathroom until you figure out this issue. Street no using your police skills and give me your phones. I am a hostage in my house. Pretty much until you learn how to not wake me up.

"For a pint sized former FBI agent she scares me Streeter, " his brother told him.

" I forgot to mention we have to be church mice when she sleeps," Captain America replied.

Seconds later I am on the couch with Luca again. Don't even touch your phone. They are working out their unfinished business. You are not allowed to kick any doors in. Okay T, he replied.

Meanwhile in the bathroom with the brother through everything. I can't go on like this any longer Streeter. Same here Nate. First agreement with the two of them in years.

" Are you dating her," Nate asked.

" She's our baby sister and you're not allowed to Nate, " he replied.

They walked into the family room. Everything is solved now. Both of them gave me 😘 on the cheek.

" We are sorry for waking up," they told me.

"It's ok but your still my idiots," I replied.

Luca is laughing at them. I could very easily make you one to Luca.

"Oh, she got you," the brothers told him.

"T been getting me since she got to SWAT. I am used to it Nate," Luca replied.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat down around the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

Popcorn is popped and poured into the bowl. Drinks were the usual beers. A movie is put in the DVD player. Duke like always is at our feet. It was a very long movie.