Chapter 111: Sick

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten his room. I woke up to get ready. My brother and dad take a couple more seconds to move around. Kitchen bound for me. Minutes after that I made breakfast for us to eat. Coffee is brewing on the counter.

"Good morning, Kid," he greeted.

" Morning Dad," I replied to him.

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I put together the lunch with my name on it. As my hot chocolate is waiting for me on the island. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team grabbed their belongings that morning. Later on, we locked our front doors. All of them went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and houses are now left vacant. They head to our missions that morning.

Hondo drove us to work. Minutes after that he puts away his food in the kitchen and then changes in the locker room. The guys did the same greeting with each other. Later on, they meet up with us.

"Good morning, Dreamer," Captain America greeted.

" Morning Peanut gallery," I signed to them.

They gave me kisses on my cheek.

Within seconds all of us head to the briefing room. I moved the keyboard to put my head on the table.

Deke approaches me" Kiddo are you okay? He asked.

She's not answering your question.

They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out that morning. My family says goodbye on the way out the door. I watched them leave that morning.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in their regular places. Conversations are going on throughout the truck. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters with Captain Cortez and I are working. Greetings are exchanged as she hands me a com and my tablet. Both of them are talking while we work that morning. Eventually it changed to mission stuff. Of course, Commander Hicks also greeted us. They kept a close eye on me.

Soon after that Black Betty is now full of cops that are sweaty. It is parked in front of the building. They took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family, as usual, rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the trash in the bins.

I bumped into Molly who is working at headquarters that day. She looks very worried. Let's get you to my dad's office. I don't feel well. We sat on the couch.

Molly walked over to the desk to get the trashcan can for me. A few minutes after that Hicks joins us putting his hand to my forehead. I am going to get her some Gatorade. Before she left, I asked for my brother.

Seconds later she is in our kitchen getting the Gatorade. Just the person I am looking for Captain America stops her in the hallway. My sister is exhausted and has been acting weird all day.

" Where's my Dreamer?" He asked.

" Daddy is with her in the office," Molly replied.

They walked upstairs again. Dreamer hasn't let me touch her in weeks. I cuddled into his side.

All she wants right now is to be comfortable. I remember Molly used to be like that when she was younger.

" Are you finished with what you were doing Street?" Their boss inquired.

" Hicks I am just wrapping it up now," Captain America replied.

Take her home when you're done. Let me know if you need anything. He left the office to return to the assignment. Dreamer finally let me touch her.

Luca turns to look at his roommate. Just going to finish this first and text Nate to come over. My brother gets our stuff from the locker room.

Texting

Jimmy: Hey bro, I need your help with our sister. Meet us at the house.

Nate: okay

We drove straight home. Captain America pulls into the driveway. I opened the door for us to go inside. Within seconds Nate parks next to us. He closes the door behind us.

I took a quick bath to change. The guys and Duke are waiting for me in the family room. Duke lays on my feet to keep them warm. As Captain America did the same thing with the throw. Minutes after that I am all cuddly and fall asleep.

Everyone else grabbed their belongings. They exchanged our goodbyes to each other. Luca was the only one that didn't say anything. Later on, they talked for an extra five minutes. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a ghost town.

Hondo, like always, drove himself home that afternoon. We put down our stuff by the front door. Meanwhile with Luca in our kitchen cooking at the stove. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Our drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our boy's vs girls' groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to my room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and cozy.

I am sitting on the couch. Captain America gently pulls me closer to him. Seeking warmth, I accepted his hand. As Duke is cuddling on the floor by our feet. Eventually I started cuddling with him.

" Goodnight, guys," I told them.

"Night sis," they replied.

Seconds later I walked over to the pinball machine. A dizzy spell hits me. Duke is behind me wagging his tail. I jumped in 🛏️. Simba is in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. I am asleep pulling the throw around me.

For tonight we will monitor her. If it gets worse, we'll take her to the mall tomorrow. I will be there with your team and Graceland representatives. Keep her warm by putting a wet rag on her forehead.

" Goodnight, guys," Nate told them.

" Night Nate," they replied.

Luca threw his roommate a pair of socks to cover my feet. As my comforter adds them to my body. I feel the fluffiness and welcome it. Let's check her now. They rest one hand on my forehead.

Within minutes Captain America gets me on my back. I felt a cool rag being on my head. Luca went into the fridge for my untouched Gatorade from earlier that day. He left it on the night table. Eventually I removed the rag to lay on my side.

The team is still up watching tv. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins us in dreamland that night.