Chapter 46: Guilty part 2

As for mom is observing us from an arm chair in the family room. I sat on the couch next to him. My head resting on his shoulder. She created another group chat on her phone in the messenger app named it SWAT. We are just relaxing together. Our names are left out of both messages.

Mom took a pictures to send in each message to both teams.

texting

Mom: here's a pic of Jim and Mija.

Everyone: aww

end of texting

She came over to the couch in order to share it with us. Let's get you to bed Jimmy. Duke follows behind us. He lays on his side of the bed.

I sat working on one of my stories for school. Pain began to show in his features. Captain America grabs my hand squeezing it tighter. Our dog changes sides of the bed when he hears me tell him to get mom. He went into the family room and puts his chin on her knee then looks over to the room.

"Duke is something wrong with either Mija or Jim," She asked.

" He trots into the kitchen for a water bottle," Duke barks in reply to her question.

They walked back to the room with water bottle for him. Mom found his meds on the night table. I tapped his shoulder.

"Wake up sleepyhead. Mom is going to help your pain go away," I told him.

Captain America washes it down with the water and falls asleep again. I returned to working on my story. Mom is back on our couch watching tv. Eventually my eyes got heavy after turning off the computer and placing it on the night table.

Texting

Luca: Hey Charlie

Chuck: Hey Luca

Luca: how are you?

Chuck: good and you

Luca: fine thanks

Chuck: Your concern about your little sister

Luca: Captain Cortez and Commander Hicks told us

Chuck: She's been here since before lunch

Luca: "Where are my siblings ?"

Chuck: sleeping

Luca: bye

Chuck: see you soon Luca

end of texting

I woke up to move my stuff over to Luca's room. Before leaving our room put Simba in his arms to take a picture. Shortly after that texted it to my sister.

Peggy: Aww!!! isn't my boyfriend the cutest

Me: yeah... Tell Luca that he will have company in bed later.

Peggy: Jenny's sleeping over

Me: nah... I got kicked out

Peggy: when?

Dreamer: Last night

Peggy: bye Dreamer

Dreamer: bye sis

end of texting

Everyone grabs their stuff. They exchanged goodbyes to each other. Minutes after that they talked for an extra five minutes. All the lights are turned off. Our headquarters and the parking lot is a ghost town.

Soon after that Captain America follows my cue. He looks down realizing that there's a foreign object in his arms.

" Dreamer must've put it here for me to cuddle with when she left," he thought.

They walked into the family room to join us.

" How was you rest Jim?" mom asked.

"It's was good," Captain America replied.

Luca drove home that afternoon. He puts down his stuff by the door. Meanwhile in our kitchen my mom is cooking at the stove. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. Seconds later I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat down around the tables. Drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped every surface with a rag. The guys washed the dishes. Every kitchen is now clean.

Mom wiped out her container. The group of us exchanged goodnights to each other. Once the door is closed we settled down on the couch again. She pulls into the driveway at Graceland soon. Within minutes she's in the house with our family.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I went into Luca's room to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. There's two more beer bottles on the table.

" Goodnight guys," I told them.

"Night Sister," they replied with kisses in their respected areas.

There's a quick bathroom trip. I went to bed. Wishing that Pedro is with me. Counting sunglasses time begins right. The other routine follows behind it. I fell asleep fast.

Duke is enjoying alone time with his owners. The guys stayed up talking.

"Last night when I found that Dreamer had cried herself to sleep," Captain America told his roommate.

"I know already Chris warned me after Charlie's text," he replied.

Both bottles that were on the table are threw away in the bin. They head towards Captain America room. He took a quick bath to change. Luca helped him wrap his injured torso.

"Remember that I am still her comforter," Captain America told him.

" I know. T will always still love you," His roommate answered.

Within seconds Luca walks away. He hears his name call which makes him turn around again. This is the only one time that I have the dog and you have our sister. Once I am cleared to work again I get Dreamer too.

Luca slid into bed. I stirred at his additional weight on the bed. My head found it's way to his chest. Eventually I rolled over in front of him. Luca gave the love that I needed. We are cuddling with each other.

The team still watching TV. Laughter is slowly dying down now. Our TV sets and family room lights are turned off. They went to their own bedrooms. Everyone else joins us soon in dreamland that night.