Chapter 124

The sun peeked from behind the clouds to brighten my room. My dad and brothers woke up to get ready for work. He went into the kitchen. All of the coffee pots are on the counter. Kitchens are smelling good with breakfast.

"Good morning Kid," Daddy greets.

I replied to him " Morning Dad."

Our apartments and house are now alive and noisy. I made three lunches to put our names on it. As my hot chocolate is handed to me. This is copied by our teammates. Our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

The team and I grabbed belongings that morning. Later on, we locked the front door. All of us went to our cars and trucks. Our apartments and house are now left vacant. We head to our missions that morning.

Hondo pulls into his spot at work. My dad went into the locker room to put his stuff and change. As the team arrives one by one. They are doing the same thing as daddy.

" Good morning Dreamer," Captain America greets.

" Morning Captain America and Peanut Gallery," I replied.

Seconds later all of us head to the briefing room that morning. I am standing in my corner listening. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out. Conversations are the work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys were all in their regular places. Conversations are going on throughout the truck. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulls into their crime scene.

Meanwhile back over at headquarters with Captain Cortez is working. Greetings are exchanged between them. Both of them are talking while we work that morning. Eventually it changed to mission stuff. They are still chatting.

Black Betty is full with the tired team. It is parked in front of the building. The team took their quick showers. A short debrief is made. My family rushed me with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone took out their food from the fridge. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating they threw away their trash in the bins and we put our dirty dishes in our sink.

I went to the gun range to practice. We greet each other. The attendant guides me over to my usual spot. I am going for about two hours. Later on, I took the gun back to the armory.

Everyone grabs our stuff. A good percentage of us exchanged goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike were the only ones that didn't say anything. There's an extra few minutes of talking. Our headquarters and parking lot are a 👻 town.

Hondo , like always, drove us home that afternoon. We put down our stuff by the front door. Meanwhile with Daddy in our kitchen cooking at the stove. He took out the place settings to put them on the counter. I set our kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The team and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. Our drinks are the usual beers for us and juice for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boy's vs girls' groups. Our sisters and girls cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the tv. We shared our favorite tv shows with the group. I walked over to his room in order to change into my jammies and brush my teeth. Later on, I returned to both our couch and my favorite spot. I am nice and comfy.

" Goodnight dad," I told him.

"Night Baby girl," daddy replied with a kiss.

There's a short bathroom break. I jumped to my bed. Pedro is already in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins right now. Minutes after that I am fast asleep.

Meanwhile the team is still up watching tv. As laughter is slowly dying down now. Our tv sets and family room lights are turned off. The team heads to their rooms. Everyone joins us soon in dreamland that night.